Chapter 23: Reinforcements

"Sun Breathing: Thirteenth Form!" You charge ahead, as Kokushibō immediately raised his blade and began to jump back defensively.

"Moon Breathing: Sixteenth Form—" Kokushibō began to form when suddenly he found his arms sliced off.

"Raging Sun!" You began the first of many forms to come.

"His speed..." Kokushibō said. "I couldn't see him..."

"Dance!" You slice through Kokushibō's left shoulder down to his right waist diagonally.

Kokushibō was forced to jump back.

"Solar Heat Haze!" You swung horizontally, but the slash didn't reach Kokushibō.

"He missed...a fatal mistake." Kokushibō regenerated only one of his limbs, made a sword as quick as he could, held onto the handle with his hand, holding it downward, and stabbed down. "What?"

Kokushibō found his body sliced in half, horizontally.

"He actually hit me..." Kokushibō wasn't able to move his body, but instead continued to stab downward. "I'll just kill him here."

Kokushibō's blade pierced your blade as you made a face of pain.

"I won." Kokushibō said, when he widened his eyes as you disappeared.

"Fake Rainbow!"

"Where—?" Kokushibō then looked back and saw you in the air, as your strike your blade near the neck.

"Clear Blue Sky!" You slam your blade and roar loudly as the blade began to cut deep into the neck.

"I just can't see him..." Kokushibō said. "He moves and I...can't find him. He's like a thunderbolt..."

"Shit!" You think. "I can't...!"

You fall to the ground as you begin to gasp for air.

"Fuck!" You spat blood.

"I see." Kokushibō said, as he now had the milliseconds he needed to regenerate his body. "You combined Thunder Breathing with your inexperienced Sun Breathing. No wonder you were so fast."

"I..." You began. "I can't die here...I still...have to..."

"Switching from Thunder to Sun. Now combining them? I'm surprised you didn't black out way earlier." Kokushibō said. "I might have considered you a real demon."

Kokushibō raised his huge blade.

"Unfortunately for you, the demon race will always win." Kokushibō slammed down when suddenly he felt a blade clash with his own.

"Mist Breathing: First Form..." Muichiro appeared and struck his blade inwards, piercing Kokushibō's flesh blade and halting it in its tracks. "Low Clouds, Distant Haze!"

"What?" Kokushibō turned around to see the Mist Pillar. "I thought Hantengu and Gyokko were—"

"Hinokami Kagura!" Tanjiro appeared from above. "Dance!"

Kokushibō was forced to jump forward, as he collected his thoughts.

"Another Sun Breath user?" Kokushibō analyzed Tanjiro. "Not to mention..."

"Oh my god!!!" Mitsuri Kanroji kneeled down to you. "Are you alright?!"

"Does it look like I am...?" You asked, fatigued.

"Another Pillar...this could turn nasty." Kokushibō said.

"Just what happened...?" You looked at their injuries.

"We were attacked." Muichiro said. "But don't worry, I took down Upper Five, and Tanjiro took down Upper Four with Mitsuri, Genya, and Nezuko."

"Really...?" You asked. "That's great..."

"If my brother could see this..." Genya smirked at you..

"Shut up..." You said, almost smiling. "If Sanemi was here...he wouldn't let me hear the end of it..."

"Upper Rank One, huh?" Muichiro looked at the kanji letters on Kokushibō's middle pair of eyes, as he began to tremble.

"His aura..." Mitsuri looked at Kokushibō. "It's like he could kill me at any second..."

"Ugh..." You stood up.

"Hey! You shouldn't move!" Mitsuri exclaimed quickly.

"I am the Thunder Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps." You said to Mitsuri. "I'm not going down just yet."

"I won't be able to use Sun Breathing with these injuries...but with Muichiro here, I can use Thunder Breathing. We work well together, after all."

"I see." Kokushibō's eyes stared at Muichiro. "So you are my descendant?"

"What?" Muichiro widened his eyes at the statement. "W-what did you just say?!"

"Calm down Muichiro..." Muichiro bit his lip. "Don't waver!"

"Tell me, what is your name?"

Muichiro was reluctant to say it, but he spoke.

"Muichiro Tokito..." Muichiro said.

"I see. So the Tsugikuni name has died out." Kokushibō said. "Yoriichi's descendant...and my descendant...how interesting..."

"I am not your descendant." Muichiro said, as you noticed a mark on his facial area. "I will not accept it!"

"This is crazy..." You said. "Muichiro, I always thought of you as my brother...and it turns out...we're actually related."

"Y/N...you really are something else." Muichiro said. "Even in the toughest situations, you always have to say something."

"Heh. Can't help it." You said. "What do you say we take this guy down?"

"Sure." Muichiro said. "Let's use that move."

"Right." You raised your blade.

End of Chapter