Chapter 4: New Mission

The Lower Ranks of the Kizuki looked around the new surroundings they found themselves in. Each one looked curiously at the Japanese aesthetic and sliding doors and floating hallways that looked to extend forever.

They were confused as to how they got there. Some were busy eating humans at the time, visible by human blood near their lips.

Lower Rank One was the first to then detect a looming and ominous presence and immediately kneeled before the others. His name was Enmu, although he was more proud of his rank than his name.

"Who's this woman?" asked one of the Kizuki, Lower Three.

"Kneel down to me."

Then, the horror from Muzan's influence struck them like a thriller. It was powerful and immediately crashed upon the Lower Kizuki like a train.

"I'm sorry, Muzan-sama, it's just we didn't recognize you-!"

"Who gave you permission to speak?" Muzan interrupted the demon girl coldly. "Rui has been killed. I mean Lower Five."

"No wonder...I thought we were short one member..." thought Lower Six.

"Why is it that you demons in the Lower Kizuki are so utterly weak?" asked Muzan, rhetorically. "I always keep on replacing you all, yet those of the Upper Ranks have stayed for centuries."

The Lower Kizuki Moons stayed quiet, for Muzan was right. The most recent replaced was Lower Three and One, when a Hashira had killed both of them at once.

"That bastard...how dare he-!"

"Who are you calling a bastard?" Muzan asked Lower Six.

"He...he read my thoughts!"

"Of course I can read your thoughts." Muzan said. "You possess my blood."

"I...was referring to a Hashira, my lord." He said.

"So a repugnant Hashira is more important than me, is what you are saying?" Muzan asked.

"Wha-? No! Not at all!"

"You filth. You speak lies. You deserve to die." Muzan then slammed a huge tentacle on the demon, it's blood splattering across the other Kizuki, who shook in fear.

"He can read our minds...he can destroy us at any moment...then...our only choice..." Lower Three then took off from the location and ran as he fast as he could, weaving through the Japanese setting. "is to run-!"

Lower Three's head didn't take a few seconds before his head was now being held by the Demon Lord. Muzan didn't seem fazed by this, almost like he knew it was inevitable.

"I am disposing of the Lower Ranks." Muzan continued, as the Lower Three demon evaporated in a ashy pattern.

"It's his fault...his fault!" Lower Four thought angrily. "If he hadn't shown up-!"

"Who showed up, Mukago?" Muzan asked the demon girl.

"That Thunder Hashira, Muzan-sama...he-!"

"You speak so angrily of him. What is it between you and the other filth with preferring to think about a repugnant Hashira than your lord?"

"I don't! I promise, Muzan-sama! I don't think of any other piece of trash! Only you, my lord! I swear-!"

Mukago didn't last, for Muzan already killed her before she could finish. He turned to the other Kizuki, and continued.

"I..I...I can still be of use to you, my lord!"

"Use? What use exactly?"

"If I could have more samples of your blood, I'll kill the wretched Hashira you speak of! I'll-!"

"Are you telling me what to do?"

"Wha-?! No!"

"You piece of trash. You deserve to die." Muzan killed Lower Six, leaving behind only one left, Lower One.

"Do you have any last words?"

"Muzan-sama..." Lower One flailed his arms widely and began to chuckle. "Thank you so much...you've given me the liberty of witness others suffer...it's something I truly love to see...thank you...for leaving me last...it's an honor to die by your hand. I thank you for everything."

Lower One then widened his eyes as a piercing sensation filled his head as he felt his brain grow numb and dead, as his neck felt filled. He gagged loudly.

"Good. That was exactly what I wanted to hear." Muzan said while smiling in his feminine form.

Lower One then collapsed to the floor, but his eyes were fixated on Muzan.

"I've given you a fair share of my blood." Muzan said, then he pointed to his ears. "If you can kill the Slayer with hanafuda-like earrings, I'll give you more of my blood."

He gagged in response, his body beginning to accustom to the amount of blood given.

"As an added bonus...if you can also kill the Thunder Hashira, I may consider offering a spot in the Upper Ranks."

Lower One smiled, as then he felt his body fall to the floor, a Japanese opening below him as he fell.

The door shut, casting him aside from the setting.

He stood, a smile on his face.

His blue eyes yearned for power.
___________________________________

"Setting off, Kyojuro?"

"Ah! Y/N, I see you've come to set me off!"

"Shinobu-chan couldn't make it, so she sent me instead to send you off..." You rubbed the back of your neck.

"Oh! I see!" Kyojuro turned to you.

"Shinobu and I will be sending three Slayers after you." You said, earning a confused look from Kyojuro. "One of them has questions for you."

"I see! Well then, I shall be off!" Kyojuro then ran away.

"His 'voice' still feels so alive." You thought.
___________________________________

"New mission?"

Back at the Butterfly Mansion, Aoi talked with all three Mizunoto.

"Alright! Now I can show off my true strength!" Inosuke yelled proudly.

"Now, now..." Tanjiro said.

"You will be assisting Rengoku Kyojuro on his mission. Casualties are increasing as we speak."

"I wished we could've had a break from slaying." Zenitsu groaned. "All the girls here are so nice."

"Well then! Jenitsu! Ponjiro! Let's go!" Inosuke ran off, cackling loudly. "I'm coming through!"

"It's Tanjiro!" Tanjiro yelled as he ran quickly after him.

"Hey! Wait for me!!!" Zenitsu ran slowly after them.

End of Chapter