Chapter 30: Upper Rank Two, Douma

"I smell blood..." Shinobu walked through a hallway, keeping her sword out. She then saw an open door and heard munching come from inside. She turned and got inside and the demon immediately turned to face her and she was shocked to see who it was.

"Oh my, a woman!" Douma exclaimed, holding a bloody arm near his mouth, corpses of women surrounded him in a circle formation as Shinobu stared at him. "I'll have to thank Nakime later!"
__________________________________

"First Form: Thunder Clap and Flash: Sixteen-fold!"

You slice down sixteen demon heads as you squinted at their ashy remains. You then continue onto the hallway you were in as multiple demons tried to ambush you, but failed, as you instantly chopped their heads off as soon as they were in range.

"These demon...they've been amplified to a Lower Rank's strength..." You think. "I can't sense anybody's voices. Am I alone? Wait, I can sense Shinobu's! But the other one..."

You felt your heart sink low then you immediately rush over and kill all of the demons nearby without looking as you zoom on ahead.
__________________________________

"...you, I thought...Y/N killed you..." Shinobu muttered.

"Oh, the Thunder Pillar? Oh yeah, I remember him! Just before he went in to kill me, I switched myself out with a clone of myself! It's a really handy animality, you know, otherwise I'd be dead!"

Douma then revealed the fan in his right hand.

"He was formidable, for sure!"

"Thunder Clap and Flash!" You then arrive, crashing through the rooftop and land on front of Shinobu.

"Y/N...?" Shinobu was startled.

"Sorry...I'm sorry...I'm sorry he's not dead." You apologize quickly. "I was foolish. But now...I can finish the job!"

"First Form: Thunder Clap and Flash!" You zoom ahead as you clash with Douma's fan.

"Nice technique!" Douma exclaimed. "Blood Demon Art: Lotus Ice!"

"It's cold...!" You think as you jump back.

"Wait, where'd the woman go...?" Douma turned around, and a blade shoved into his left eye as he opened his mouth in shock.

"Insect Breathing: Dance of the Bee Sting: True Flutter!"

"That was a nice stab." Douma smiled as Shinobu jumped back. "I couldn't even—"

Douma then made a gagging noise and fell on his knees, his left eye turning dark purple as poison began to circulate through his body.

"First Form: Thunder Clap and Flash!" You then strike Douma's neck, but the Upper Rank then swung his fan and sliced part of your stomach in a blurry motion, his hand clutching his eye.

You jump back and quickly adjust your kimono to wrap around your slight injury, but then you saw that the injury was completely gone.

"What the—?" You think, but decide to ignore it. "My injury's gone..."

You looked over to see that Douma's arm had completely fell off, a violet purple poison destroying it. The swing he sent at you had barely grazed your skin.

"Sorry, but I managed to break down your poison!" Douma called to Shinobu. "Hey...you certainly are very cute! Would you like to be part of my cult?"

"Sorry..."

You then slice off Douma's neck so quickly that Douma was utterly shocked.

"...but she's taken!" You yell.