Chapter 36: Douma's End

"First Form: Thunderclap and Flash!"

"Woah, that was a nice one!" Douma leaned his head to the side as quickly as he could as the blade barely missed him, Douma even felt his own neck snap at the very sudden movement he made as the blade got past his body and you look down at him angrily.

You then reverse the grip on your blade, making Douma turn around, opening his mouth in shock and widening his eyes. You managed to stab Douma's left eye as it impaired his vision instantaneously.

"Nice stab there—!" Douma interrupted himself as the purple poison of the Wisteria Poison began to over flood his head to the point that he began to gush poison out of his eyes. "When did he pack so much poison...?"

"Thanks, Shinobu..." You think, as you remembered your actions. "You managed to throw a vial containing poison as soon as I missed the first time...and I was able to apply some quickly..."

"Coming through!!!" Inosuke then burst through the ceiling above. "Lord Inosuke has arrived!"

"Inosuke! Hurry and cut off his neck!"

"Got it!" Inosuke immediately lunged after Douma mid air. "Beast Breathing: First Form—!"

"Tch!" Douma, with a swipe of his hand, unleashed a wave of ice that began to freeze the surrounding area. You and Inosuke backed off immediately.

"Master!" Kanao arrived next to Shinobu.

Now, all four of you stood side by side as then Douma jumped down onto the floor and slammed his palms on the floor.

"Rime—Water Lily Bodhisattva!" Douma made a huge ice Buddha-like golem as it began to tower upwards, its head almost hitting the high ceiling.

Douma stood on one of the ice petals on its shoulder as he waved his fan at himself and chuckled. Douma then revealed what he had on his other hand.

"My boar head!" Inosuke held onto his face. "He took it!"

"I've seen you before..." Douma murmured aloud. "I have definitely seen you before. Such fine features...yes...it was your mother! She was so beautiful even in death! You two look so identical, it makes me want to cry!"

"What...did you say?!" Inosuke growled. "I don't have a mother! I was raised by the boars!"

"If you are human, you definitely had a human mother." Douma said. "It was such a shame she found out that I was a demon, so I was forced to eat her. She was so beautiful too..."

Inosuke took in these words and began to remember some memories from his mother leaving him behind at a forest. She was wrapping.

'Inosuke, I am so sorry...'

Inosuke took the truth in. He had a mother, and this asshole called Upper Rank Two killed her. Inosuke was angry.

"How dare you, you fucker! I will kill you!"

"Inosuke, don't rush in just yet! I have a plan!" You said. "Sorry, but I have to kill him! It's our only chance at killing him!"

Inosuke calmed himself down by breathing in heavily then slowly as he stared angrily at Douma.

"Alright...tell me your plan..." Inosuke said under a growl, but he wasn't angry at you.

"Here's how it's going to go..." You begin.

"Just what could they be talking about there...?" Douma thought as the four of you discussed the plan out of Douma's ear reach. "I won't let them..."

The ice statue raised it's colossal fist and slammed down on the bridge as the four slayers leaped off and prepared breathing techniques.

"Thunder Breathing: First Form: Thunder Clap and Flash, Sixteen-Fold!" You slice off the entirety of Douma's ice statue as you then yell loudly. "Go! Kanao!"

"Flower Breathing: Final Form: Equinoctial Vermillion Eye!" Kanao's eyes turned crimson red as she then moved towards Douma, raising her blade. "Flower Breathing: Fifth Form: Peonies of Futility!"

"Blood Demon Art: Frozen Lotus—"

"Beast Breathing: First Fang: Pierce!" Inosuke slammed his blades through Douma's fans, interrupting the Upper Rank's attack.

Kanao then managed to use her sword strikes and keep Douma locked in one spot with her blade as Douma now couldn't move.

"Insect Breathing: Dance of the Dragonfly: Compound Eye Hexagon!" Shinobu then appeared and struck Douma's neck once, and put all the poison onto his neck as Douma's neck turned dark purple and the demon began to gag.

"She used all her poison!" Douma began.

"Don't you..." You then leaped into the air, as Douma looked up at you. "...underestimate the Demon Slayer Corps! First Form: Thunder Clap and Flash!"

With the grip on your blade, you zoom past Douma and the others, your knee close to your chest and your body leaned forward and your blade extended to your side as Douma's head flew upwards and began to roll to the side on the floor.

"I...lost?" Douma began as the four Slayers then landed on the floor. "That's—"

"Hell yeah!!!" Inosuke roared. "I took down Upper Rank Two! This makes me Pillar material for sure!"

'Inosuke, I love you...'

Inosuke stopped his words by hearing his mother's come through his head. He then began to tear up and he cried as you consoled him by wrapping an arm around his shoulder.

"You're done, Upper Rank Two." Shinobu spat. "You can go to hell."

"Hey, would you mind going to hell with me?" Douma asked her, as his head turned to ash. "I...have this feeling...although it's only in my head...but I think I love you."

You then stepped in front of Douma's head and look down on him. Douma looked at you, smiling.

"You can end the facade." You said. "I am truly sorry that you can't feel emotions."

"So you knew...?" Douma began, but now his eyes were gone to ash and his nose was next. "Well then, goodbye...cruel world."

Douma finally disappeared as then you turned to the three of them. You looked at them, almost with a sense of relief.

"It's over...finally." You said, wiping some tears off your eyes. "Our fight isn't over. Inosuke, Kanao, Shinobu, I want you guys to search for Muzan. I need to help Sanemi fight someone I should've killed long ago."

You turn around and hold your blade.

"Sanemi..." You think. "Hold on for just a little longer, I'm coming!"

End of Chapter