Chapter 13: Two Upper Ranks

A/N: From this point on, there will be Kimetsu no Yaiba manga spoilers. Anime viewers be advised.

Ten Minutes Earlier...

"Hinokami Kagura: Raging Sun!" Tanjiro sliced the sashes overhead, as Upper Rank Six jumped back in defense.

"There's a completely different vibe about him!" Daki, Upper Rank Six, thought as she launched more sashes.

Tanjiro's eyes were now oozing blood from the torn vessels, made from rage. He was angry with Daki, for earlier she had massacred many humans with a previous attack.

"They can't be cut. If I slice them, they only bend." Tanjiro deduced without speaking.

"You can't close this distance!" Daki screeched. "There's no way you-!"

Soon, Tanjiro sliced through all the sashes in perfect succession. His blade now neared Daki's neck.

"It's simple. I just have to cut the sashes fbefore they can bend." Tanjiro then closed the distance between, only inches more to go. "Just a little bit more...!"

'Brother! You have to stop! Brother!'

"Agh!" Tanjiro fell on his knees, as pain coursed his lungs. "I was so focused on killing it, I forgot to breathe!"

"Hey." Daki said. "You..."

"You asshole!" Daki kicked his face and Tanjiro fell over to the floor behind.
________________________________________________

"What? A new 'voice'?" You think as you ran quickly through the busy Entertainment District's rooftops. "Wait, it's Nezuko's! But...it's so...hungry...Soenthing msut've happened!"

"Hey! Yellow Haori! Slow down!" Inosuke yelled, meters behind you.

"I'm sorry! I have to keep going!" You yell. "Something's happening over there!"

Breathing in, you zoom off.

"Oh come on!!!" Inosuke raised his fist in the air. "He's too damn fast!!! It pisses me off!!!"

"Hey! Midgetsu, was he always like this!?"

Zenitsu or Midgetsu, didn't answer and ran unconsciously.
_______________________________________________

"I'll make sure you die slowly!" Daki screamed at Tanjiro.

"I can't move...and my body..." Tanjiro clutched his body, until he felt a kick to his stomach and he fell to the bottom of the streets and rolled over.

"All of you can just die!!!" Daki launched sashes at the unconscious Tanjiro.

Then, the sashes cut down, and you arrived, holding Tanjiro in your arms.

"Huh? So the Hashira has arrived?"

"I don't understand what is taking Tengen so long." You think.

"Are you ignoring me?!"

"Yep."

"Then, I'll kill you!!!"

"No, because you are already dead."

Daki's head then fell off, as she held her head in her hands, and she gasped softly.

"Huh?"

"Actually, before you die, tell me where the Upper Rank demon is." You turn to her, looking up at her body.

"I am the Upper Rank demon!!! I'm Upper Six, ya know!!!"

"Huh?!" You sigh. "Stop messing with me, and tell me where they are!"

"I'm Upper Six!"

"No, you're not! You're weak!"

"I'm telling you, that I am-!"

"You should honestly belong in the Lower Moons!" You exclaim.

"L-lower?!" Daki then cried out, like a tea kettle. "Don't compare me to those dead bastards! I'm Upper Six, you know...!"

"Wait. She's not dying." You decided, as her body began to flail around, her arms moving as her head made a tantrum.

"He beheaded me! Kill him! Brother!!!"

Then, to your shock, another demon emerged from her body, and it groaned as he pushed himself out. Wasting no time, your blade neared his neck.

After your blade made a crash on the roof, you turn to your right to see him caressing Daki's cheek.

"Hey now..." He groaned. "Don't cry, little sister..."

"He hurt me, brother..." Daki sniffled. "Kill him..."

"Ok, ok, I will, just don't cry my worthless sister..."

"Hey. You're the real Upper Six, right?" You ask.

"I'm sharing the position with my worthless sister." He turned. "But the person who's even more worthless than her is you. You decided to hurt her, now you pay, or my name isn't Gyutaro!"

"You should be much weaker than that other Upper Rank." You said. "But oh well."

"Wait. Other Upper Rank? You fought one of us?"

"I fought the fellow named Akaza, Upper...Three, im pretty sure?" You turn your head.

"Lord Akaza...huh? I haven't seen that guy in while..." Gyutaro groaned. "Is you fought him, you must be pretty strong huh? Or you ran away like a coward."

"He ran away from me. Don't call me a coward, asshole..." You groaned.

"I see! So even Lord Akaza can run away like that!How interesting to know!" Gyutaro yelled. "Maybe after this, I'll challenge him for his spot, for the asshole doesn't deserve it, that coward!"

"Brother!"

"Huh?"

"You're forgetting that he's supposed to die! Kill him already, won't you? So what if he fought Lord Akaza?"

"Hm...you're right. You're right for once, little sis..." Gyutaro then took out his sickles and you prepare your blade.

"Judging by his 'voice', he uses poison. I'd better watch my footing." You deduced.

"Blood Demon Art...Frying Blood Sickles!"

End of Chapter