Chapter 26: Reminders of the Past

"Judging by Y/N's injuries..." Kokushibō analyzed your body through the See-Through World. "He is currently weaker than the Stone Hashira yet stronger than the Wind Hashira. That means...I can take all three of them down right here. Y/N is no longer a threat to me."

"I'll move in." Gyomei charged head, spinning his flail and axe around.

Gyomei threw his axe, as it then neared Kokushibō's neck, but the demon was only barely looking at it. Kokushibō swung his blade, as it halted Gyomei's axe immediately.

Gyomei's flail then came from above, as Kokushibō then dodged as the flail then slammed on his previous spot, leaving a small crater on the floor.

"Alright, bitch! This is for Muichiro!" Sanemi leaped to Kokushibō's opposite side. "Wind Breathing: First Form—!"

"Stone Breathing...!"

"Moon Breathing: Fourteenth Form: Catastrophe, Tenman Crescent Moon." Kokushibō swung his blade quickly and casually, making an omni-directional vortex around his body, his Blood Demon Art crescents slicing Sanemi and Gyomei's body and held them back.

"Holy shit..." Sanemi growled as he felt the pain. "How the hell was Y/N able to handle this guy alone...he's nuts...hadn't Gyomei saved me there and gotten himself injured, I'd surely been dead..."

"Thunder Breathing: First Form: Thunder Clap and Flash—!" You strike Kokushibō's blade, but the Upper Rank was looking down on you, dominantly.

"You're not nearly as fast as you were before." Kokushibō said sternly. "You've gotten boring, Thunder Hashira."

Kokushibō then took your broken blade forcibly and shoved it into your heart, making you cough blood immediately.

"Gah!" You spat.

"Shit!" Sanemi yelled and leaped towards you. "Hey!"

"Moon Breathing: First Form..." Kokushibō put his blade sideways, ready to finish you off quickly.

Gyomei's flail then crashed on on Kokushibō's blade, as the Upper Rank then calmly turned to face the Demon Slayer, who was charging at him full speed with his axe on the other hand as he grit his teeth while running.

"Trying to save their comrade, huh?" Kokushibō thought calmly. "How pitiful."

"Moon Breathing: Third Form: Loathsome Moon, Chains." Kokushibō swung his blade in a crescent style twice, both slashes crossed your kimono and left an 'x' scar on your chest.

"That...was for earlier." Kokushibō said, but now the crescents were about to take action.

"Not yet...!!!" You took your blade out of your chest as quick as you could, causing blood to sprout out of your heart, but you ignored the pain and blocked all of the crescent moons with your blade.

"You can still move." Kokushibō said. "Impressive. I'd consider you a real demon."

"Thunder Breathing: Third Form—"

"First Form: Dark Moon, Evening Palace." Kokushibō swung his blade, as it sliced your chest deep as you wince again at the pain.

"He's already punctured both of my lungs now...I can't be using Thunder Breathing offensively..." You think as you jump back. "It pains me to say it, but I have to fight defensively...and for that..."