Chapter 5: Infinity Train

"What the heck is this thing?!" Inosuke pointed wildly to a train in front of it. "Is it the demon?! I'll take it down then!"

"You idiot! It's a train!" Zenitsu yelled but Inosuke didn't listen and slammed his head into the wooden sides.

"Calm down, Inosuke." Tanjiro then waved to the side. "Maybe it's the guardian protector of this land?"

"No. It's a train. Tr-ai-n." Zenitsu sighed. "Both of you have such thick heads."

"I see!" Inosuke pointed to the train. "So it's a guardian spirit! Hey, guardian spirit, fight me!"

"What are you three doing?"

"They've got swords!"

"Oh no! Tanjiro!"

Tanjiro held Inosuke by the back of his neck and they ran to the side, away from the local police, who had lost sight of them.

"That was close..." Zenitsu sighed in relief. "Too bad the government doesn't recognize Demon Slayers."

"Huh? What are you talking about, Midgetsu?"

"It's Zenitsu!"

"Shush! They may hear us!" Tanjiro ducked their heads down as the security turned their way.

Then, the train began to move ahead, smoke emerging from the charcoal room as it began to sped up.

"At this rate, we'll be discovered!" Zenitsu shrieked as the police grew nearer.

"We have no choice!" Tanjiro and Inosuke then ran for the speeding train, and hopped into the train's rear.

"Wait!!!"

They turn to see Zenitsu running at full speed as he climbed onto the rail and sobbed.

"Zenitsu!" Tanjiro and Inosuke haul him over as they took a breath.

"Phew..." Zenitsu and the others stood.

"Hey, Tanjiro?" Zenitsu asked. "Is it ok to bring Nezuko along?"

Tanjiro looked back into the box on his back.

"She's never leaving my side. Because we have a strong bond."

From inside, Tanjiro swore he heard confirming muffles from Nezuko.
___________________________________

"We're looking for the Flame Hashira, right?" Zenitsu asked as he held Inosuke by his nape, since he couldn't control himself.

"Yeah. I'm sure we'll find him." Tanjiro said as they coursed through the train cars, passing by families and civilians in their seats.

"Umai!"

They halt to hear yells from ahead, it was definitely male, and it was ecstatic.

"Umai! Umai!"

The trio approach the source as they see Kyojuro Rengoku happily eating a bento box, a huge pile of them cast aside into the aisle.

"Um, Mr. Rengoku?" Tanjiro asked.

"Umai!"

"Rengoku?"

"Umai!!!"

"We get that part already..." Tanjiro sighed.
___________________________________

"I see! So you three were sent by Y/N here!" Rengoku exclaimed.

"Yes. I am Kamado Tanjiro, this is Agatsuma Zenitsu, and Hashibira Inosuke." Tanjiro pointed to the others.

"Have a seat." Rengoku said politely.

"Calm down, you idiot! You'll break the window!" Zenitsu tried to hold down Inosuke into his seat.

"I wonder who's faster, me or this beast!!!"

"It's not a beast! Are you actually stupid!?"

"Hinokami Kagura?" Rengoku repeated Tanjiro's question. "Never heard of it!"

"Huh?"

"I've heard of many breathing techniques, but this one is unknown to me!"

"Oh...I see. I just hoped for an answer." Tanjiro said.

"Y/N was the one that sent you, right?" Rengoku asked.

"Um, yes, he was."

"I see!"

"See what exactly?" Tanjiro asked curiously.

"Thunder Breathing. It's a masterful art of his, even enhancing his hearing." Rengoku said, almost proudly. "I can see why he sent you."

"May I please see your tickets?"

"He's the train conductor, he'll punch a hole in your ticket." Rengoku explained to the confused Tanjiro.

Tanjiro handed the conductor the ticket, and as soon as he punched it, the lights flickered softly.

"Thank you...very much." He said groggily.

Rengoku then stood, but the conductor didn't react.

"A demon!" Tanjiro thought as his scent traced it to a muscular demon ahead, with eyes located over its head. "How did I not catch his scent earlier?"

"Mister Conductor, please forgive me. Please ignore the sword that I have, for this is an emergency." Rengoku then unsheathed his blade.

"You there! If you bare you fangs on the innocent...my bright red blade will strike you down!"

The demon growled and charged ahead, but Rengoku was quicker. He held his blade to his side as he breathed in.

"Flame Breathing: First Form: Unknowing Fire!" Rengoku slid down the hallway as the demon's head fell with a fiery ash and the body incinerated.

"Woah! His speed is-!" Tanjiro awed.

"Ah!!! Help me!" Rengoku looked ahead to see a frightened passenger cornered by a long limbed demon.

Tanjiro and Inosuke stepped ahead, as Zenitsu only cowered in the rear car.

"Alright! It's time for me to shine!"

"Inosuke! Make sure to save the passenger, first!"

"Not if I cut down that demon's head off first!" Inosuke then felt his body land on a seat and Rengoku speeding off.

"Flame Breathing: Second Form: Rising Scorching Sun!" Rengoku raised his head as the demon's head fell like the previous.

"Wha-!"

"Big Brother Rengoku!" Zenitsu charged ahead as Tanjiro and Inosuke follow him.

"Big Brother Rengoku!" They circle dance around him, as Rengoku let out a satisfied chuckle.

"You should all become my Tsuguko!"

The lights flickered and all fell into a deep slumber, one that they've experienced way before.

End of Chapter