Chapter 28: Muzan Kibutsuji

"First Form: Thunder Clap and Flash."

"Fourth Form: Striking Tide."

Tanjiro heard a clash of wooden blades to his right and decided to check it out. He was shocked to see you and Giyuu fighting it out at full power. But Tanjiro only saw Giyuu fighting a blur.

"What the...even with everyone's training...I still can't see Y/N's speed...?" Tanjiro thought, looking at the blur zoom and land on the floor multiple times as Giyuu blocked his attacks with all he could.

"Eleventh Form: Dead Calm..." Giyuu stood still, as he began to instinctively block all your attacks.

"An opening!" You think as you then kneel under Giyuu and breathe in, shocking the Water Pillar.

"Fifth Form: Heat Lightning." You struck upwards, smacking Giyuu's chin as he flew into the air and landed face up on the ground.

"Giyuu-san!" Tanjiro leaped over a fence to get to the scene to check if he was okay.

Giyuu stood, a small bruise now on his chin as he held it softly as Tanjiro came to his side. Giyuu looked at at Y/N, who stood smiling at him.

"Did I hit you a little too hard?" You ask.

"You...held back." Giyuu said.

"...maybe." You said, turning to the side. "I guess I win, huh?"

"...yeah." Giyuu replied. "Sanemi."

"Alright! Now it's my turn!!!" Sanemi arrived, cracking his knuckles. "Now I can get to pummel you for you arrogance, damnit!!!"

"Hey, woah, hold on!" Tanjiro began. "Can't we just find another way of doing this?"

"It's my Pillar Training, Tanjiro. Every Pillar must participate in the other Pillars' trainings." Giyuu explained.

"Anyways, I'm going to be heading back." You said, waving. "See you guys later."

"Oh...bye." Tanjiro waved.

You walked through a small forest, where on your left there were gravestones. The moonlight shone on their names, all engraved in Japanese lettering.

Then, you felt something crawling towards you. Turning around, you slam your fist on the floor, leaving a small crater as you see purple blood emerge from the impact.

"What...?" You look at the remains, where a smashed eyeball with the kanji mark of 'Four' was there, accompanied by severed legs.

You then hear a sense of dread as you immediately open your mouth in horror. You heard two voices at the Ubayashiki estate.

"Zenitsu!" You yell as a Kasugai crow then flew towards you. Your Kasugai crow was named Zenitsu, named after Agatsuma.

"What's...wrong?" asked 'Zenitsu'.

"There's no time to explain, but get my Nichirin blade! It's in the Butterfly Estate!" You yell as the crow nodded and flew off. You ran in the opposite direction as fast as you could.

"Muzan...Kibutsuji!" You think as you hastily ran and tore off branches in your way. "How...did he find us?"
__________________________________

"It's...a pleasure to meet you..." Kagaya Ubayashiki turned to his side, still lying down on a tatami mat, covered in bandages. "Kibutsuji Muzan..."

"Oh my, Ubayashiki." Muzan said, cooly. "You sure look terrible...Ubayashiki..."

"You actually...came to my home." Kagaya groaned. "Muzan...my family...the demon hunters...have been trying to find you for so many years..."

"I'm truly disappointed." Muzan said. "I've lived for over one thousand years and the family who has gotten in my way is reduced to this."

"Repulsive. Utterly repulsive." Muzan said coldly. "You're basically already a corpse, Ubayashiki."

"I've...dedicated my life to kill you Muzan...so even if I die...I will always dedicate my soul...to stopping you." Kagaya removed the bandages on his eyes, revealing an infected pair of eyes with blood almost oozing out.

"Your fleeting dream is now finally coming to an end." Muzan said. "I will kill you right now."

"You and I...are of the same blood, Muzan..." Kagaya groaned.

"What are you trying to say?" Muzan questioned. "I feel no emotion here."

"A...monster like you came out of my family...and led it to be cursed..." Kagaya coughed blood. "Every child led in my family died early...and we were forced to live like this...because of a singular demon...you, Muzan..."

"That is of no consequence to me, Kagaya." Muzan said. "The heavens are not punishing me. I have killed for centuries. I have not been punished at all. Did that sickness get into your brain?"

"What do you with for...Muzan?" Kagaya asked. "You've lived for thousands of years, so what could you want...? I'll take a guess...to become indestructible, right? Be eternal?"

"That's right. And I will attain it soon. When I get my hands on Kamado Nezuko..." Muzan said. "I will be truly eternal."

"You won't achieve your dream." Kagaya said. "Even if you kill me, the demon hunters will always hunt you down, no matter what. You and your kind...will cease to exist..."

"You done talking?" Muzan asked, veins appearing on his forehead, he was clearly angry.

"Master, you're right."

Muzan then saw you. He finally got to see you in the flesh as you stood in front of Kagaya, holding your Nichirin blade as you stared blankly at Muzan.

"Y/N...?" Kagaya groaned. "How...?"

"Master, this may seem arrogant or even foolish of me." You said. "But I...am the one destined to kill Muzan Kibutsuji."

"You dare...?" Muzan was angry. "You dare talk to me this way...filthy human?"

"I am talking to you this way, you filthy demon!" You yell. "You've left the Ubayashiki family to ruin!!! You killed so many people!!! You are a disgrace to humanity!!!"

"Zip it!" Muzan said immediately, now gritting his teeth.

"Never!" You said. "I am Y/N L/N of the Demon Slayer Corps! I am the descendant of the first breath user, Tsugikuni Yoriichi! I will kill you right now and end this endless cycle of death!

End of Chapter