Chapter 25: The End...?

"Why are you so tense, Sanemi?" asked Gyomei.

Sanemi bit his lower lip. He held his Nichirin blade outwards as he and Gyomei ran through the woods, headed towards the destroyed village.

"I mean, you know what happened to Uzui and Rengoku." Sanemi began. "Both of them faced Upper Rank demons, and neither of them had a good ending."

"I know that." said Gyomei. "But right now, we have to do everything we can to help L/N and Tokito."

"Yeah." Sanemi said. "Once I get there, I'll cut that Upper Rank One to ribbons!"
__________________________________

"Hey..." Sanemi and Gyomei stood on top of a hill, where the once destroyed village was now only a barren land, with only pieces of wood laying around.

"I think we came to the wrong spot." Sanemi said.

"No, this is the place." Gyomei replied.

"He's there..." Sanemi looked on at Kokushibō, who was dead center between the land, as he began to slowly get up and most of his limbs was gone.

Kokushibō regenerated his legs, then his arms quickly, then he reached for his sword handle, the upper part of the blade also completely gone. The flesh of his arm reconstructed his blade back to its enlarged size.

Kokushibō then looked over and began to walk slowly towards a body. He kicked it over to the side, but Sanemi couldn't see the identity of the body:

Sanemi saw Kokushibō raise his blade and point it downward, then Kokushibō made a move that utterly made him pissed. Kokushibō stabbed the body then lifted the body in the air, as finally the clouds revealed the body of Y/N L/N.

"Y/N!!!" Sanemi yelled and jumped from the hill and ran as fast as he could. "Wind Breathing...!!! First Form...!!! Dust Whirlwind Cutter!!!"

Sanemi dashed forward at blinding speed, as he began to slash around him in a horizontal cyclone pattern, heading for Kokushibō. You fell from the air as Kokushibō was forced to let you go.

"Another pillar?" Kokushibō jumped to the side as Sanemi then halted and stared at Kokushibō angrily and grit his teeth at him so hard, his teeth began to chip themselves apart.

"How dare you!!!" Sanemi yelled. "I'll cut you down, fucker!!!"

"You are...?" Kokushibō began.

"I am Sanemi Shinazaguwa, the Wind Pillar pf the Demon Slayer Corps!!! Remember this name, piece of shit, for this is the last name you will ever hear!"

"Sanemi...is that you...?" You groaned. "...you...are a bit too loud..."

"Y/N..." Sanemi turned worryingly. "Hey! Don't die now! Shinobu is worried about you, so if you die—"

"Don't worry...about me..." You raised a bloody hand and pointed slowly towards a downed Muichiro in a pool of blood. "The one you should...be worried about...is Mui..."

"Don't speak." Sanemi said abruptly. "I'll go after him right away!"

"Sanemi." Gyomei landed next to the Wind Pillar. "I will face Upper Rank One. You go and get Tokito."

Sanemi then ran towards Muichiro as Gyomei stepped forward and slammed his chain-ball to the floor, making a loud noise as it landed.

"I see you have reached the pinnacle of strength." Kokushibō said. "I've never seen a Demon Slayer of your built in at least three hundred years. Quite impressive. But...it is truly unfortunate you have to be a human."

"I feel pity for you." Gyomei began to swing his chain-ball, as it picked up to incomprehensible speeds. "I'll make sure I chop your head off."

"I can't make another drawn-out battle." Kokushibō thought. "I got fifteen minutes before the sun begins to rise, and I will be forced to escape. I will take down the Stone Hashira and the Thunder Hashira. Those two worry me the most..."