Chapter 35: True Feelings

Genya found himself in a strange place. He was in a chamber where pillars were in all directions, yet he was in an open plane. Genya then felt a terrible feeling in his gut as he instinctively turned around, holding his double-barrel shotgun and blasted at whatever was making him feel this sense of dread.

But as soon as he shot, his arm went flying through the air as it landed neatly next to him as his empty shoulder began to bleed as he clutched it with his other arm, closing his eyes, and wincing heavily as he fell to the floor. Turning his head, he looked up at the main cause of this conflict, Upper Rank One. Genya coughed blood as Kokushibō looked down on him as Genya began to try to get up and reach for his blade, which was only a few feet away.

"Gah!" Genya coughed blood then in a moment of desperation, he lunged towards his blade, held it, then swung at Kokushibō's neck with force, but it only caused him to lose another limb as he groaned loudly and began to cough more blood as he fell again to the floor. Genya felt useless.

Genya then felt an immense pain on his waist, then he looked back to see that his lower body was detached now, a large pool of blood spraying it from his upper body, as Kokushibō held his blade neatly in his hand, still looking down on Genya.

"You aren't dead even though your waist has been sliced in half..." Kokushibō muttered. "Around three hundred years ago, there was a swordsman who ate demons just like you."

Genya couldn't believe what Kokushibō was saying. He already knew that he ate demons, and he already faced an opponent just like him? Genya was feeling hopeless, and he felt his death lingering towards him as he began to crawl towards his limbs using his chin and stomach.

"He died when I cut him up. Maybe for you, it's your head?" Kokushibō questioned, raising his blade. "I have no reason...to let a fake demon like you live."

Kokushibō slammed down his blade on Genya, as the swordsman still continued to crawl towards his limbs, almost completely ignoring Kokushibō.

"Crawl! Hurry!" Genya felt the blade lightly touch his neck as he felt the impending doom arise from his gut, then he felt a sense of relief not even milliseconds later.

"Wind Breathing: Fourth Form: Rising Dust Storm!"

"So it's you again...Wind Pillar..." Kokushibō jumped back in a backwards, horizontal direction.

"You got that right." Sanemi stated. "I am the wind that will rip your head off, bitch."

"Brother..." Genya began.

"You are really one pathetic little brother." Sanemi said, holding his blade to his side, ready to strike again. "You should've gotten goddamn married, had some goddamn kids, and lived until you became a goddamned geezer."

"I am so sorry...elder brother...I'm so sorry..."

"Hm...demon hunter brothers, how...nostalgic." Kokushibō said, keeping his hand slightly above the handle of his blade, just in case of a surprise attack.

"How dare you dice up my little brother, you fuck-eyed bastard! You're dead!" Sanemi charged at Kokushibō.

Kokushibō now held his blade as Sanemi was only now a few feet away from him. Kokushibō swung horizontally, his crescents extended past the swing's reach and aiming for Sanemi, but the Wind Pillar had slid under the attack, his blade at the ready.

"He's going for his legs!" Genya thought as he began to crawl and watch the battle at the same time, as Sanemi's blade neared Kokushibō's legs.

"His movements...are better now." Kokushibō backflipped I got the air, dodging Sanemi's upward slashes and blocking a few of them.

"First Form: Dust Whirlwind Cutter!"

Sanemi began to push at Kokushibō, as both swordsman now began to struggle for dominance as Sanemi pushed back Kokushibō as he put pressure on his blade.

"Would you look at that?!" Sanemi commented on Kokushibō's blade. "There's that nasty fucker again!"

"Moon Breathing: Fifth Form...Moon Spirit Calamitous Eddy..."

With an utter from Kokushibō, Sanemi widened his eyes and out himself on the defensive as Kokushibō then swung forward, launching curved slashes, one over the other, as Sanemi made his own form to counter the attack.

"Third Form: Clean Storm Wind Tree!" Sanemi unleashed a whirlwind of slashes that began to defend against both Kokushibō's crescents and his slashes as Sanemi grit his teeth.

"I can't stop getting fucking goosebumps at this guy's skill!" Sanemi thought. "Everyone of his slashes are accompanied by those damned chaotic crescents! And Y/N had to face this guy alone! He's even using breathing techniques...! This demon...is one worth killing!"

Sanemi was pushed back, but he immediately took his ground, taking advantage of his sword arm being in the air already.

"Second Form: Claws-Purifying Wind!"

Sanemi unleashed four vertical slashed and Kokushibō put his blade horizontally as the slashes began to cut through Kokushibō's flesh blade, but as soon as Upper One noticed this, he immediately swung ahead, his own swing defending against all four of Sanemi's.

"Tch!" Sanemi leaped into the air and slammed his blade down as it clashed with Kokushibō's blade. Kokushibō then looked under him and saw the point of a blade nearing his chin, so he immediately leaned back to avoid it the sword missing completely, but it was revealed that it was Genya's blade and that Sanemi had it between his toes.

"Moon Breathing: Sixth Form: Perpetual Night, Lonely Moon-Incessant..." Kokushibō pushed his blade upwards with such force it left Sanemi mid air, once that was done, Kokushibō unleashed a barrage of crescent shaped slices as it began to cut down at Sanemi, and the Wind Pilar for this teeth to even withstand half of the pain caused by the crescents.

The force of this attack even sliced up the surrounding pillars. Genya opened his mouth in horror as his brother began to bleed excessively as he began to fall.

Sanemi fell to the floor, landing on his legs, which then gave way to his knees, as now the Wind Pillar was gushing blood from all areas of his body as he was on one knee. He was cut all over and his kimono was completely torn apart.

"Brother! Brother!" Genya yelled.

"Hah...! Hah...! Hah...!" Sanemi breathed in and out, blooding oozing from his mouth. "Hah...! Gah! Hah...! Hah...!"

"You've held on quite well." Kokushibō said, in a complimenting manner, but it didn't look like it. "If you move your organs will spill out—"

"What is happening?" Kokushibō stopped as he began to look towards his heart area. "My pulse is increasing..."

Sanemi began to chuckle, and that chuckle turned into a laugh. Sanemi looked at Kokushibō, smirking widely, frowning as well.

"Demons get drunk once they get a whiff of my blood! Now have a fucking feast, bitch!"

"Hm..." Kokushibō now looked at Sanemi. "It appears you aren't so weak as I thought you were...Wind Pillar..."

End of Chapter