Chapter 35:Samira

Hari woke to find a very heavy, very large snake draped over her and Tom. She shifted slightly and stared at the black eyes staring back at her. She smiled softly. :So you convinced him to bring you:

:I ran away since he apparently did not want me anymore:

Hari snorted. :Ran away?:

:Yes, I made him search for hours in the forest behind our home before I let him find me:

Hari bit back laughter. :You know we can't call you Nagini. Nagini is Voldemort's familiar and we have them convinced he is not Voldemort:

:Call me what you wish. I want to be with you two and the coming hatchling and I want a warm fire to lay near and fat mice to eat:

Hari ran a hand affectionately along the sinuous body. :We can do those things. There is also the forbidden forest you can hunt in when it is warmer. We will make sure the centaurs know that to harm you will be to start a war:

~I will keep the slithering one safe~ Hedwig joined the conversation sleepily.

:I do not need you to keep me safe: Nagini hissed.

Hedwig hooted derisively. ~The unicorn herds would trample you before they saw you crawling on the leaves and the giant spiders~

:I have protected myself longer than you have lived you overgrown winged rodent!:

Hari felt amusement over the link and turned her head to see cobalt eyes twinkling with mirth. "I'm glad you brought her."

"Me, too. I hated leaving her to begin with but I figured everyone would be frightened enough without adding a fifteen foot snake to the mix."

"Did you really have to hunt her down in the forest?"

He scowled at the snake even as he laughed over their link. "Yes. There was this trail of animal bones out the back door and into the forest. Broken saplings and obviously scuffed up areas led me deep into the forest then she got subtle. I hunted her sorry hide for four hours and finally had to promise her she could have rabbit for the next two months before she came to me."

Hari chuckled. "So what are you going to call her now?"

"Brat."

Nagini raised up and hissed at him.

Hedwig fluffed her wings and hooted, clearly laughing at the serpent.

Tom cocked his head at her. :Samira:

:I like that: Nagini bobbed and weaved happily.

"I'm glad now get off us so we can shower. We need to be downstairs in an hour."

Nagini slid onto the floor and slid across the floor to the fireplace coiling up on the heated stone ledge with a hissy sigh.

Tom kissed Hari tenderly then hustled from the warm bed to the shower. Under the hot water, he kissed her again more passionately.

Howlers were going off all over the Great Hall. Parents outraged at the change of their children's House.

HUFFLEPUFF! HUFFLEPUFF! YOU'RE A DISGRACE! NO BULSTRODE HAS EVER BEEN SORTED INTO HUFFLEPUFF! YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A DISAPPOINTMENT! WE WILL DISCUSS THIS WHEN YOU COME HOME AND THE HAT BETTER PUT YOU BACK IN SLYTHERIN!

FIRST A LIBRARIAN NOW A HUFFLEPUFF! BE GLAD YOU ARE MY ONLY SON OR I'D DISINHERIT SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT. PERHAPS.

Tom frowned. How dare they show displeasure at what was clearly an action of his as it was up to him whether or not to do the resorting! Letting just a little of his upset show on his face as appropriate for a headmaster at hearing students being raked over the coals by parents in such a public manner, Tom discreetly pressed fingers against his snake tattoo and softly hissed Bulstrode's and Crabbe's name before sending intense displeasure down the link. If they thought him soft now they were mistaken and he would take great pleasure in teaching that lesson.