Chapter 1

P.S I apologize in advance for any spelling or grammar mistakes.

Someone came running into my room, slamming the door behind them. The sound of my door closing woke me up.

"Ina! Wake up!" I open my eyes and saw my older brother. I was so confused. Normally he was out with friends. He said that he would go to a party. I look at the clock and saw that it was three in the morning.

"Tom? What are you doing here?" I rubbed my eyes like a little kid and sat up in my bed.

Something felt wrong here. A dark energy was in the house. I could feel it. Something bad will happen. He open his mouth to say something when a gunshot when off down stairs. I wanted to scream, but he quickly covered my mouth. "Shh! They can't know we're here." He whispers.

I nodded my head with tears inside my eyes. I look at his clothes and my eyes widen. They ripped his plaid shirt at his stomach where blood was covering it. An enormous claw of some animal scratch him or someone cut it several times. His hoodie was at some part covered with dirt so as his jeans and converse. "What happened?" I asked when he pulled away.

Where's mom and dad? Are they downstairs? I was so scared. Footsteps came walking up the stairs and Tom froze. We both look at my door. When the footsteps came closer, I grab Tom's arm. Clinging on it for my dear life. I closed my eyes tightly, burying my face in his shoulder. A banging came from behind my door, making me jump. More footsteps came followed with more banging on the door.

"Tom?" I croaked out.

He didn't look or answer me, the only thing he did was look at the door. More banging came from the door and I was sure that the door would break any minute now, if that happened the people are outside my door could come inside. Tom moved and push my dresser in front of the door.

Quickly he walked to the window and opened it. "Come." He put his hand out for me to follow him. I stepped out my bed and look back at the door before walking to him. First, he climbed out of it before helping me. We were standing on the roof. The wind and the cold made me shiver.

The door broke inside my room before they pushed away the dresser. Tom took my hand and rushed over the roof with me behind him. It was hard not to slip away. My hand tightly held his when we walked further. He stopped and look down.

He will not jump, right? A class shattering made me almost fall. "I will jump first, so I can catch you, okay?" He said turning to me. I nodded my head, letting go of his hand. Scratching sound came from my bedroom window, but I was too scared to look.

Tom jumps down, landing perfectly on his feet. I look down and swallow hard. You can trust him, Ina. He said he would never let you fall. I close my eyes and jump off. A second later, I felt someone catching me. I open my eyes and look around. Tom had caught me and I was safe on the ground.

"Are you all right?" He asked, putting me down.

I nodded my head shaking a little. Tom took my hand again and lead me to his car. I look back and saw that the front door was open and that the lights were all on. We live in a forest far away from any other living human been so nobody could hear all of this.

I climb inside the passenger seat and look at the house. Suddenly a figure came out the front door. I couldn't see who it was because he had a cape around him that cover his face. Tom saw it too, and his hand tighten on the steering wheel. More figures came through the front door, dragging something behind them. Tom was trying to start the car, but I wouldn't turn on.

The figure that was standing in front put his hand up. The other figures held up two bodies. I look closer and I was sure that I would faint. The two bodies were my parents or what used to be them. They ripped their body into pieces. Blood was dropping on the porch, making a big puddle at the figure's feet.

They cut their mouth open, making halve of their head fall backwards. A gasp escapes my lips when I saw their eyes. It was like they were still alive. They were staring at me with this look that made shivers run up my spine. They were still alive, their eyes were still moving!

The figure in the front moved his hand forward and the other move towards us. Tom snapped out of his gaze and was again trying to start the car. "Tom." I whisper when I saw that they were coming closer.

"Tom!" I said louder.

Finally, the car started, and Tom quickly drives away from the house. I look behind me and saw that all of them stood still. Tears stream down my face. I was shaking, still in shock from what I just saw. Slowly, I turn back around to look at the road.

"Ina, are you okay?" I said nothing.

My right hand was holding the car door tight, so tight that my knuckles were turning white. "Ina, answer me, please." My mouth when open, but I couldn't get a word out. The events from minutes ago were playing repeatedly in my head. In every detail, every horrific detail.

My eyes keep blinking, trying to block the visions from coming up. After he was sure that they weren't following us he stopped the car at a gas station. My grip on the car door was still the same. It was like I couldn't move at all. Tom grab my shoulders, so I would face him.

"Ina."

His hands when to my cheek, holding my head in place. "Please answer me." He begged.

A tear run down my cheek which made me blink a few times. "Their gone Tom, their gone." I whisper.

More tears stream down my face. Tom pulls me in a hug trying to calm me down, but how could he? We just saw how our parents got killed.

That was three years ago. I was fifteen when it all happened. Ever since that day my brother and I are on the run from those people who killed our parents.

They want us because we're special. We see ghost, well more monsters. Once they were lovely people, but because of their horrible death they became monsters. They are worse than nightmares. Because from nightmares you can wake up, but from this you can't.

My brother and I were the only ones in the family who could see them. We had it since we were little. Well, I think? When I was fourteen, I had a horrible accident, making me lose my memory. I couldn't remember anything, except who my brother was and that I could see ghosts.

It was months before I could trust people again. I didn't know who was alive and who was death, because of the accident. It messed up my sight. Most of the time I locked myself up in my room, hiding in the corner because I could hear voices all the time.

It drove me crazy.

I can't remember what the accident was or how it happened. All I knew is that I was in a lot of pain.

Authors note: New story! I have been working on this for a while and I'm so excited to post it! I hope you guys all enjoy it. Bye!