Chapter 29

The old file was laying on my lap. If I want to know what happened to Evelina I need to read it. I took a deep breath and open. Evelina Anna Morris, born October, thirty one, ninety six.

She has the same birthday like me.

Born in the same year, month and day.

The next couple of pages were things Dr. Henderson wrote down.

April 8 2002: On February 6 1996 we found a family that lived here in Breakset. They all had the same thing. People say that the family are cursed or just crazy. Last month the woman came running into a restaurant on a busy day. She was in panic, saying that the building would explode because of a malefaction in one of the big ovens there leak.

When people asked here how she knows, she said she couldn't tell them. Nobody believed her, so they stayed. They escorted her out the restaurant and the moment they were out the building explode. The woman ran, but they know where she lived.

The people in town were afraid of her. They said that she could see demons. Her husband was the same. One day he told one of his co works that the co worker's dead wife's was with him. The co worker was in shock and told the man that he wouldn't tell anyone after he asked the co worker to keep his mouth shut, but he told us.

Then there was the son. A smart little boy for his age. We thought that he was normal, but one day in school proved us wrong. The six year old was drawing something when the teacher came up to him and asked him what he was doing. The little boy simply answer with. 'The man in the corner told me I had to draw this for you.'

There was nobody there and when she looked down at the drawing she was shocked. It were kids who were murder by the man. That was the last signal for us, so one night we when to their house and got them. The man was a hand full, but the woman and child were much better.

For months we try to asked them things and try to figure out what was wrong with them. After those moths we also found out that the woman was pregnant. We thought that the second child would have the same like the parents, so we thought that we would remove the child.

A child growing up in here is not a nice thing.

The day of the removal the woman pleaded not to do it. She begged and begged not to kill her baby and let her gave her. She told me that she would tell everything what I wanted to know, so I said she could keep it. Four months later the baby was born.

It was a girl.

The moment I looked into those eyes I know that she was different, but what if she would spend time with her family. She would defiantly could get what they have, so I made a choice. I took the baby girl from her mother and raise her like she was my own.

Of course she lived her in one of the cells. She was of course still a patient. I let her parents name her and they named her Evelina Anna Morris. Now and then I would allow her parents and brother to see her, but only a short amount of time.

I finally thought that she wasn't like her family, so at the age of six I wanted to let her go. That was until she told me she saw a man walking behind her brother, a man nobody saw.

That was the moment I knew that she was sick too. Just like her brother I did test on her. I still hear her cries until today. I know that it a bad what I do, but I want to help her, I want to help her family.

This is just crazy. I was right she was born there. She even was lucky to be born. They would have killed her before she even had a change to be on this world. Her family lived here in Breakset and they took them to the asylum six months before Evelina was born.

Everyone in her family saw ghosts. I want to know if she was still alive or If she died there. Maybe in the fire. Or would her family be still alive? In so many ways she looks like me. We even share the same birthday.

I let out a sighed and put the file under my pillow before laying down on it. I pull the covers over me. I'm not going to turn of the light.

I don't want to be in the dark right now.