Chapter 23

Slowly I open my eyes, but only to see I'm not I'm my own room. I was in a white hospital room. I frown my eyebrows looking around. What? I was at home and I had that fight with Tom.

I thought we already came from the hospital? I look down at my arm and saw that he was still was wrapped in a bandage. The door open and a nurse came in. Something about her was familiar.

My eyes followed her when she came walking next to my bed. She check if everything was okay with the machines and the I.V that was in my arm. "Where am I?" I asked when she wrote something down on a clipboard.

She look up and gave me a small smile. "You're in Breakset asylum. You try to kill yourself last night." What?! I froze. I'm in the asylum. This can't be true. The asylum is close and abandon.

"No, no I didn't!" I sit up more straight.

"It's okay. Don't be scared. We're here to help you. So that you don't hurt your self more?" That sentence. That's when it hit me. She one of the nurses who pin me to the wall while that doctor cut my arm.

"No this isn't real." I whisper while she turn around to take something from a table.

"Oh but this is real." She turn back around with a big needle in her hand. "Why don't you go back to sleep. You have a big operation soon." I shook my head while she walk closer. I couldn't do much the I.V was still in my arm, so if I would jump out my bed it would hurt like hell.

I look to my side and saw a vase with flowers in them. The nurse took my arm and try to put the needle in it.

Quickly I grabbed the vase before smashing it on her head. The vase shatter on her head making her fall to the ground.

Without waiting any second longer I carefully pull the I.V out my arm before stepping out the bed. Trying not to stand on the shards I walk to the door. I need to get out of here.

I don't want to be trapped here. The hallway was empty. The buzzing of the lamps abound me was the only sound. The feeling of darkness was strong here. "She's escaping! Get her!" I look behind me and saw the nurse.

Blood was running down her head and she had now black eyes. A sinister smile was planted on her face. Quickly I began to run into a directions try my bare feet.

The lights behind me when out one bye one. Darkness was behind me and the light was in front of me. Suddenly I saw a figure in the hallway in front of me.

It was Tom.

Thank god!

"Tom!" He turn around and came running towards me. Before we could reach each other, two doors slam shut. Separating the two hallways, separating ust.

Tears stream down my I face when I reach the door.

"Ina!" Tom banged on the two doors trying to open it. Desperately I try to push and pull, but it was no use it was locked.

"Tom please help me!" I cried through the window of the door. The lights behind me were still going out. It was just a mater of seconds before the last one would go out and I would be in the darkness.

"Come on, open!" I saw how he try to pull it open. I turn around and watch how the last light when out. I was in complete darkness. The only light I had was from the windows of the two doors.

My back was pressed against the door I was afraid to look away from the darkness. If I would turn around something could get me.

"Ina look at me." I took a deep breath and slowly turn around facing Tom. I was shaking in fear.

"I'm getting you out of is. I promise." I nodded my head putting my hands on the window. Tom was still trying to open the doors.

He was so busy that he didn't notice some one coming up behind him. Before I could yell his name the man behind him slam him against the door.

"Tom!" I cried out.

He fell to the floor holding his head. A other man came. The two walked to Tom who was still on the floor.

"No don't hurt him!" I bang on the doors trying to open them.

Tom stood back up looking at both of them. The took both a arm before push him against the wall. Tom was trying to fight them, but it was no use. I had to watch how they dragged him away.

"Tom! No!" I cried.

I could hear him calling my name before hearing a door slam shut. After that complete silence.

It was so silent in here.

The only thing you could hear was my sobs. Something was there in the darkness. I could feel it when I turn around.

A foot appeared in the light follows by a other. People dressed in hospital clothes came in the light. There was a lot of them. They didn't make any sound.

A man pointed at me. "You're next." Without any warning he jumped at me.

I shot up in my bed with tears in my eyes.

"Tom!" Quickly I jumped out my bed and ran out my room. The moment I came out my room, Tom came running out of his. Without saying anything I wrapped my arms around him.

"I'm sorry." I cried.

He didn't say anything. He just stood there with me in the hallway, hugging me while I cry