Chapter 28

I could feel Tom running with me in his arms. They were all running. I could hear doors slamming shut and yelling across the hall. "Come on quickly to the office!" I hear Scott yelling.

I open my eyes slowly when I could feel that we stop with running. We were in the office and Scott and Drew were holding the door close. Banging were coming from behind the door.

"How is this even possible! It's not even night time!" Maddie said panicking.

Scott and Drew push a few heavy things in front of the door before turning around. "It's getting darker. The sun is under, so the ghost come up." Drew said looking at her.

My head was spinning.

"Tom." I said loud enough so that he could hear me.

"Ina you're awake. " Weakly I nodded my head closing my eyes for a few seconds.

"You can put me down." I know I was still weak, but if that door breaks down we all have to make a run for it. If Tom would carry me we wouldn't make it far.

"No you're to weak." I shook my head.

"It's okay I can walk." He was hesitating for a sec before putting me down on the ground. My legs felt like jelly and I had a feeling that I would fall over any minute. "We need to get out of here." Scott said when he saw that the door was being push open. Hands came grabbing from behind the door.

"To the tunnel!" Drew said taking Maddie's hand. Tom wrapped a arm around my waist helping me walk to the tunnel. Scott was behind us and the moment we were in the tunnel the door burst open. They were patients and they were looking mad.

It's was like a horde of hungry zombies that was run to us, but they were ghost.

Tom, Drew and Scott push against the big metal door shutting it just in time before any of the ghost could get through. "That was close." Drew breath out.

"To close." Scott answer back.

We were al looking at the big metal door. Except me. My vision became blurry and I couldn't stand on my feet anymore. "Ina!" I could hear Maddie scream my name when I came crashing to the ground. The lasting I saw was the guys turning around before running towards me.

Something moved beside me waking me up. There was a throbbing in my head. Slowly I open my eyes and saw that I was in my room. A deep breath escape my lips before I turn around.

"Hello sleepy head." Tom was sitting beside me on my bed with a bag of candy in his hand. I look outside and saw that it was dark outside. A groan escape my lips while I rub my eyes. "How long did I sleep?"

"A few hours." I wanted to sit up more straight when my hand when to my head. A hissing sound came out my mouth when I touched it. "Not to fast. You hit your head pretty hard." I remember again what happen. The man, closet, being locked in it.

"We can't have a normal life can we?" I asked looking at him.

A sad smile came to his face.

"Nope." I put my lips together looking in front of me.

"What were you doing in the asylum?" I asked not looking at Tom.

"I wanted to know where the tunnel would end. So me and Scott when in and well we came out in the asylum and you, what were you doing there?" I look at him.

"Same. The bookstore where Drew works has one just like us. We wanted to see where it would end." I look back in front of me and let out a sighed. Our lives are so messed up right now.

"Was our lives ever normal? You know when we were kids?" I could see from the corner of my eyes that he put a piece of candy and his mouth before answering.

"No, not really." He simply answer.

"Can you tell me something about my past?" I asked looking at him.

He looked at me like he didn't know what to say. "You were a happy little girl, who liked to play outside and was friendly to everyone." It's a shame that I don't remember that. I really want to know the past. How can I live the future if I don't know my pats.

How can I learn form things I have done if I can't remember them at all. It's not like I want to remember the accident that cost me to lose my memory, but I just want to know my past.

Tom wouldn't tell me a thing about it and the more I asked the more he well say no to me. It's like something bad happen in the last and I don't know what it's is. I look down at my arm and saw that I had a new bandage around my cute up arm.

"Hey did you bring me to the hospital the night you found me with my arm?" I said pointing to my arm. "Yeah, me and Scott brought you there."

"And they released me without questing the wounds?" I asked looking confuse.

"Scott knows someone who works there, so he let you come home." Okay now I get it.

"Well it's late and I'm tired. Do you want me to sleep here tonight or are you okay?" It's time for me to be brave and sleep on my own.

"No I'm good. If anything is wrong I will come to you." He smiled at me before kissing the top of my head. He stopped out my bed taking his candy with him.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I said back when he close the door. It's not that I'm not scared it's just that I felt something on my stomach. I know what it was and I didn't want Tom to find what it is.

I pull the covers from me and pull my shirt up taking the brow file.

Evelina's file.