Chapter 3

I empty my bag on the bed. I never truly unpack everything, because if they come we have to run. In my bag are the things that are important for me or things I just don't want to lose.

It's not much, but it's much to me.

You had the normal stuff like my phone, glasses and wallet, but then you have a picture of me, Tom and my parents. A picture of me and Tom. My sketch book.

I like to draw or paint, it's one of my ways to express my feelings. I don't really tell people my feelings even if I trust them I keep it all inside. I know it's not good to keep everything inside, that's why I draw.

It helps me.

The camera I got from Tom when I got home from the hospital. He said that I liked taking photos, but I couldn't remember it. There was nothing more than just those few items.

I put everything back in my bag before sliding it underneath my bed. You never know when I have to run again, so I want it close to me. I walk to my window and looked outside.

The garden was nice. Not much flowers, but it was big. I could just walk into the forest if I want to. Not that I really want that. You never know what happened there. It's dark and nobody hears you. I look further in to the woods and saw a old building in the middle of it.

It looked abandon.

Something about it made my stomach turn. There was something dark about that place. There was a knock on my door snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Ina?" Tom came in closing the door behind him.

"Yeah?" I asked not looking away from my window.

"So do you like your room?" I turn towards him and nodded my head.

"Yeah I like it." I said with a smile.

I turn back to the window and looked back at the abandon building. "What are you looking at?" I could feel him walking closer.

"There is this building there and I don't know what's there." We both looked outside to the building. You couldn't see much of it. Maybe a part if it, so it's defiantly bigger.

"It's a old asylum." I looked at him with big eyes.

"What?" I look back and now I know why I had this weird feeling.

"You know a mental health facility for people who can't take care for themselves."

"For crazy people." I said cutting him of.

I look back at him and saw that he was looking at me. "Not all people there were crazy Ina. Some were innocent, when people didn't know what they had to do with people who were a little different. They would send them there. It was easy for people to get inside, but it's harder to get out." A sighed escape my mouth.

"Were people like us in there?" A small smile came to his face.

"There were probably people like us there, but that was years ago." Poor people. They don't deserve to be locked up there. Who knows what they did to them.

"Just don't go there okay. I heard that it's really dangerous, because it's old and it's falling apart." I nodded my head before looking back at the old asylum.

"I promise I won't go there."

"Good. Now I wanted to know if you want pizza for dinner." Without looking back at him I nodded my head.

"Yeah sounds good to me." Why am I so drawn to that asylum. I know it's bad and there's something bad about the asylum.

"Okay I will order it." I heard Tom walking out my room closing the door behind him. I turn around and walked away from the window. I took my sketch book and a pencil before sitting on my bed.

We were siting in the living room watching some random movie well eating our pizza. I was wearing my glasses and Tom did too. Yes we both were glasses. I know, I know how nerdy can you be, but I kinda like them.

"I'm gonna bring you to school tomorrow." Tom said putting his plate down. I took a sip from my drink before answering.

"Really?" He nodded his head.

"I thought you wanted that?" I nodded my head with a small smile. Even though I'm use to switching school, I'm still a little nerves.

Knowing that Tom will bring me makes me feel better. "No I want you to bring me." He smiled before turning back to the tv.

"You know I really hope we can stay here. Not only because you can graduate, but also because I want you to have friend and see the world." I look at him saw that he was looking down at his hands.

"This isn't fair for you."

"And for you it is? You had to raise me at the age of twenty one and now your twenty three. You didn't deserve this either Tom." I quickly said after him.

A sighed escape his lips.

He knows I'm right. None of us deserve this, but we have to live with it. "I know Ina, but I just want you to be happy." He said breathing out.

"Tom I am happy." I took his hand in mine giving it a little squeeze. He looked at me and smiled. I hope this is a new begging of a better life.