Chapter 24

We were siting on the cough downstairs. I had a blanket wrapped tightly around me. Scott was sitting in the other seat. Apparently he was going to spend the night here after what happen to me.

Tom was sitting beside me. "I woke up in this waiting room. Not knowing where I was I start running into a direction trying to find a way out. When I heard you calling my name I turn around and I saw you in a hospital dress. I ran, but the doors close separating us. You had so much fear in your eyes. The lights were going out behind you and I wanted you to get out of there, but it couldn't open the doors. When those men came and took me away I could hear your cries. They brought me to a dark room, strapping me a table. A doctor came and before he could do anything I hear you screaming my name. I woke up and the rest you already know." Tom was telling us what he dreamed.

I thought I was the only one, but apparently we had the same dream. "In my dream it was the same nurse from my other dream, well attack." I said looking up from the floor.

Scott was looking at me with sympathy.

"Goddame it!" Tom stood up running a hand through his hair.

"I thought that this would be different."

We all did, but luck is never on our side.

"Tom relax. This is a old town maybe you guys have to get use to it." Scott said looking from me to Tom.

He can be right. We only been here for a couple of days.

"Use to it? Scott they hurt Ina. They cut open her arm!" Tom pointed at me before sitting down with a sighed.

We were silent. Tom's right they hurt me. There is no getting use to. What if they hurt Tom next or one of my friends. I don't want any of them to get hurt.

A loud cracking sound came from the kitchen. I look up from my hands when I heard it. It stopped before I heard it again.

"Am I the only one hearing this?" Scott asked looking at us.

"No, it's coming from the kitchen." Tom stood up, but I grabbed his hand before he could take a step further.

"You're not gonna go aren't you?" The last time he left me here I got attacked.

"Yes and you are gonna come with me." He pull me up from the couch.

I look at Scott and saw that he stood up as well. He gave me a small nod before walking behind us. We stood in the hallway and looked into the kitchen.

Nothing seem to move there.

It was like nothing was there.

We moved closer and the cracking became louder. My heart was beating fast in my chest. I can't handle this anxiety. We came into the kitchen and the cracking stopped.

"It stopped." Scott said looking around.

"Yeah we can hear that." Tom said looking at him.

We all turned around to the big cabinet when the cracking sound came again. The cabinet moved, like something behind it wanted to get out. I was scared from what was behind it. Because those two ghost dragged the dark ghost in that cabinet or behind it.

"Scott help me with this." Tom walk to the cabinet.

"What are you gonna do?" I asked when they began to push it away.

"I wanna see what's behind it."

They both push the big cabinet away. Behind it was a big dark room or hallway. I couldn't see it it was to dark inside. The coldness came from it making me shiver.

"It's a tunnel." Scott said looking at it.

"Some of the old houses here in Breakset have them. I have no idea where they lead you to." He explained looking at us. A tunnel in our house. Who know what's in it or where it leads to.

"Well let's not find out. I don't want you to go inside okay?" Tom said turn to me.

"Oh yeah like I want to go into the creepy old tunnel." I said looking at him.

He shook his head. "Let's just go to bed." We all when upstairs. Scott when to the guest room and I asked Tom if he could sleep with me tonight. I don't want to be alone, not after that nightmare.

"I was thinking. Do you wanna stay home tomorrow from school?" I pull the covers closer to me nodding my head.

"Yeah I don't want to go to school tomorrow. Not after tonight."

"I'm sorry about all of this. I promise that it will get better." The sun was already coming up.

"Tom you don't know that. We don't know what will happen in the future." I wish we could. I wanna know what will happen to use.

Are we ever going to find our place home or are we always going to be on the run.