Chapter 4

My body shot up from my bed. Sweat was dripping down my back and forehead. This happen a lot. I would have a nightmare and wake up in sweat. Sometimes I would scream, but this time I didn't.

I had them every night when I just had the accident. It's all so blurry. There was smoke and I was tied down. Screaming was heard all around the room. That's all I remember from the dream.

Suddenly a scream came from my brother's room. Quickly I jumped out of my bed. Tripping over my own feet and sheets. I stumble through my door while running to my brother's room. I open his room and saw that he was asleep. He was tossing and turning until he shot up breathing heavily.

Just like me he had nightmares too.

Sweat was dripping down his forehead letting his blond locks stick to his forehead.

"Tom?" I croak out.

His head shot in my direction and his eyes soften when he saw me. "Ina are you okay?" He said between breaths. I shook my head no beating my lip. I put my arm around my stomach holding my other arm. "I woke up from a nightmare and I heard you screaming." I said when a tear run down my cheek.

He pull the covers up before taking my hand. "Come here." I lay down next to him and he pulled the covers over us before wrapping his arms around me.

"I'm okay, I just had a nightmare." He whisper pulling me closer.

My back was facing him. I pulled the covers up to my mouth. "I'm sorry I scared you." He whisper already halve asleep. "It's okay." I whisper back while my eyes slowly closed.

The smell of pancakes and bacon filled my nose when I came down stairs. Tom was standing in the kitchen when I walked in.

"Good morning." I said before sitting down.

He turn around and smiled. "Good morning." He put a plate in front of me before taking one for himself. "So are you excited for school?" He said taking a seat next to me.

I swallows a piece of pancake before answering. "A little." I took a sip from my thee.

I'm not nerves or something like that. It's not like I'm gonna make new friends there. Who knows how long we're gonna be here. I try to stay in contact with some people of my old schools, but the thing is. If you're not there, the connection gets lost. It's hard to make friends, but it's easy to lose them.

In the last two school I didn't bother to make some friends. I stayed quiet and answer when the teacher asked it. At lunch I would sit alone which I didn't mind. I don't like crowded spacess. I never know who is real or who is not.

Some people have ghost around them. They can be family members who died and stay with them, but if they have unfinished business and they want to talk to them they will do everything they can to make that happen. So when they see me they will haunt me until I go talk to that person. It's no fun to go tell a teenager that their grandmother or mother are still around them.

They will yell at me or get mad and then the drama begins. Then the whole school knows I can see them and call me a freak. They can be really mean.

Then you have the bad ghost. They normally have this dark energy over them. I try to stay away from them. It's hard because I can feel there pain and anger. It hurts me because I can feel everything they felt the moment they died.

One time me and my brother were at a lake and I was swimming when suddenly a little girl appears in front of me. She didn't looked good. It was like she had stay in the water for a whole day, because her skin was pale and some plants were hanging in her hair. Suddenly she grabbed my hand and everything came to my head.

Images of older kids throwing her in the water. The water pulling her down. Not getting any air. Fighting to get to the surface and then nothing.

Lifeless floating in the water.

Death silence.

Only the cold and movements from the water. Before I know I started coughing up water and my eyes open. I was on shore and saw people around me.

Apparently I was drowning. My brother had swam after me, saving me from drowning. Yeah let's just say that I try to stay away from ghost who had a terrible death.

So back to school.

The plan is to go to my classes without making myself to noticeable. I just have to survive this and them I'm done. No talking to anyone or anything. I just hope that we won't do any group projects. I don't need this right now. "Ina don't think to much about it." I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Tom voice.

I look up from my now empty plate. "Huh?" I asked confuse.

He shook his head a little laughing. "You were thinking about school." I bite my lip looking away. I push my glasses further up before looking back at him.

"Yes I was, but nothing serious. I was just thinking which classes I had and stuff." I lied.

I know I shouldn't have lied to him, but I don't want him to worry about me. "Okay, but if anything is wrong just tell me." He stood up and took his and my plate.

"I will, I promise." I drink the last bit of my the before rushing upstairs to get dressed.