Chapter 40

I never run this fast in my life. All that was in my mind right now was to get home. If Ian told the truth they have Tom. I ran through the forest hoping I would see my house soon in the distant.

I can believe I trusted Ian. I thought he was nice. The way he acted around me and at the party. I thought he liked me for asked, but I guess I was wrong. My heart was beating a mile per hour in my chest. My legs were getting tired, but I couldn't stop, I wouldn't stop.

I saw my house in the distant and began to run hard, if that was even possible. The lights were on, so maybe Tom is home and save. Maybe Ian was lying. I burst through the back door slamming the door shut behind me.

"Tom!" No answer.

Shit.

"Tom!" I try again running to the hallway.

Please be up stairs. "Tom!" I yelled at the bottom of the stairs. Fear took over me. They really got him.

"Hello Ina." I jump and turn around when I heard a voice behind me. There stood a man dressed black behind me.

"Where is my brother." I tried not to make my voice crack. The less he thinks I'm scared of him the better. "Oh don't worry he's right here." He open his arm and pointed to living room.

Hesitating I walk to the living room. A gasp escape my mouth when I walked in. Two men were holding Tom down on his knees with his hands behind his back. Tom opened his mouth to say something, but it was to late. In a blink of a eye and before I could do something a man came up behind me and grab me.

A scream escape my lips while he roughly grab me. I was trapped in the arms of the man. "Let her go!" Tom was trying to get out of their grip. A chuckle came from the hallway.

"After all the years of running I finally got you two." Tears started to run down my face when the same person dressed in black from earlier came in the living room. Let's be honest I was scared. I had no idea what they were gonna do with us.

The person walk to Tom smirking. "You thought you could hide for me, or run? Even after all these years your trying to protect your sister, but failed at the end." I could see Tom glaring at him while letting out a scoffed.

The man chuckled before turning to me. "Sweet, sweet, sweet Ina. Your big brother failed you not only that, but he also lied to you." A confuse look came on my face. Before he could answer someone came walking down the stairs and into the living room.

"Look what I have found in Ina's room. Oh hey Ina?" It was Ian and he had Evelina's file in his hand. The man smirked at me before walking to Ian. "Where are the others?" I growl at Ian with tears running down my cheek.

"Oh don't worry they are at a place save for now." I shook my head.

"How could you do that. They are your friends. You grew up with them!" I was scared that they will get hurt thanks to me. Ian smirk stroking my cheek with his thumb when he laid his hand on my neck.

"I know, but as long if you don't do something stupid and obey nothing bad will happen to them." I pull my face out his grip looking away.

"Don't touch her." I look at Tom and saw how angry he was looking at Ian.

"Oh loosing up a bit!" The man yelled at him.

"Looks like Ina wanted to know more about a person." Man said looking through the file. "Well you don't need this. I can tell you everything about her, but I guess you already know." I closed my eyes and let tears run down my cheek while he came closer.

Can thus just be over? I don't want this. If they just kill me now, I would be happy. This game is just killing me. I know they are gonna do something against us. So why not get it over with.

"Tell me Ina. Why did you want to know more about her?" I didn't say anything and just look at him. What I'm I suppose to say. Because she is haunting me ever since I when to the asylum.

"If someone asked you a question you answer!" A slapping sound when through the room when he backhanded me. The man behind me let me go while I fell to the floor holding my cheek.

"You asshole!" I could hear Tom trashing around while I was on the ground holding my now bruised cheek. More tears started to stream down my face. A scream escape my lips when someone yanked my head back up by grabbing the back of my hair.

"Well what's your answer?" I know I was playing with fire, but I didn't answer. A smirk came on his face before he let me go. I fell back to the ground looking up at him. He turn around and walked towards Tom. He brought his fist up and punched Tom in his stomach.

I cover my mouth when his fist made contact with his stomach. Tom bend forwards in pain. The man was about to punch him again when I stopped him.

"Stop! I don't know why I wanted to know more about her!" I quickly said looking at him with tears in my eyes. A smirk came on his face.

"I know why you want to know more about her. He looked at the men who was holding Tom and nodded his head. They let go of Tom letting him fall to the ground. "Like I said before this whole time he's been lying to you." The man said pointing at Tom.

"You'r not the person you think you are Ina." I look at him with a confuse look.

"I guess you want to know if Evelina is still alive or not. Well I can tell you. After the fire in the asylum she got badly injured. Her mom and dad died, but her brother survived. They brought them to hospital and found out that she lost her memories."

No.

"They thought it was the better that she didn't know about her past in the asylum, so they made a fake life for her. Fake parent, fake name and fake memories, but we wanted her and her brother back. A year later we found them. We try to take them, but their so called parents stood in our way. Of course we killed them, but that made them escape. Ever since we are trying to get them, but today we finally got them. They though that they could have a normal life, but they both belong in the asylum. That's where their home is. Because after all Evelina is born there. "

No, no, no!

This can't bet through.

Please say that this is a sick joke or a bad dream.

"Stop!" I hear Tom yell.

The man bow down to my level and smirked.

"Isn't it Evelina."