Chapter 25

I was laying in my bed looking up at the celling. It's been a whole day that I'm just laying here, doing nothing. I try to sleep, but I'm to afraid to have a nightmare again. To was out the house with Scott. I don't know where the are, but I'm not going to asked it either. Tom wouldn't tell me the last time.

I turn on my side and looked at my closet. It's been a while since I last heard something from Evelina. I wanna know what happen to her and her family. Did she survive it or did she die in the fire or by one of the doctors?

My head shot to the door when I hear footsteps outside my bedroom door. "Is she ready for the operation?" What the hell?! Someone is at my door. "Yes doctor, she ready." It was a female voice.

Slowly I got up from my bed and walk to the door. I'm alone at home, so whatever is behind the door can attack without distractions. My shaky hand when to the door knob. "We can finally stop this sickness." With one pull I open the door and to my surprise nobody there.

I swear I heard people talking.

I walk out my room slowly looking around.

"Tom? Scott?" No answer.

Footsteps rush down stairs making me jump. I ran to the stairs only to find nobody there. This can't be happening. A girl's laugh came from the kitchen.

Quickly I ran downstairs and stop when I was at the bottom of the stairs.

Footstep by footstep I mad my way to the kitchen. Someone is there I can hear a girl laugh and a woman talking. I stop with walking when I was at the door frame. I stood behind the corner and listen to what the say.

"Mom I don't want to be here anymore. They hurt me."

"I know honey. They hurt everyone here." Those voices.

I know them from a dream or from a distant memory.

"I though that if I told them what I saw they would let him out, but now I'm stuck here too."

"You only wanted to protect your brother." A sob echo through the kitchen.

"Their gonna hurt me mom." The girl sobbed.

Why is this all so familiar?

"Ssh it's only gonna hurt for a little while." A door open, but when I look around no doors were open.

"It's time." It was a different voice.

That voice I know for sure who it is. The warden a.k.a Dr. Henderson. A blood curling scream coming from the girl ring through my ears making me shiver.

"No don't touch her!" The woman screamed.

"Mom! No let me go!" This has to stop.

Quickly I came from behind the corner, but when I came in the kitchen again nobody was there. My eyes when to the gaping dark hole in the wall.

The tunnel.

There came voices from the tunnel. Tom said I couldn't go inside, but then again he also said I couldn't go to the asylum. I shook my head and when to one do the drawers under the sink.

Without hesitating I grab a flashlight. I don't care what Tom say I need to know where this is leading. When I stood in front of the dark hole I cold feel wind rushing through it. I took one last breath before taking one step. Before I could take another the doorbell when of.

A side of me was glade that it when of, but the it her side was cursing the people who ring it. I out the flash light on the table before walking to the door.

To my surprise Maddie and Drew were standing at my door. "Hey." I said when I open the door.

"Hey you weren't int school, so I brought you your home work." I nodded my head and looked at Drew.

He don't go to our school so I have no idea why he's here.

"Oh yeah I walk into him when I was on my way to your house."

"Yeah, she literally walked into me." Maddie looked at me with her red cheeks.

I smile holding back a laugh.

"Well come in." I stepped to the side so that they could come in. When Drew came in my house the old lady I saw the last time came with him. She gave me a small smile and for a sec I smile back at her.

Maddie gave me the homework and I walked to the kitchen with them behind me. For a sec I forgot the hole. "What happen here?" Maddie asked when she saw the hole.

I put the homework on the table before turning back to them. "We don't know. It was hidden behind that cabinet." I said pointing to the big old cabinet.

"It's a tunnel isn't it?" Drew said walking closer to it.

"Yeah, how did you know that?"

He turn back to us before answering. "We have one in the bookstore in the basement. I never been in it before though." I lean back against the table looking at the darkness.

"But it looks like you wanted to go inside." Drew pointed at the flashlight next to me. I look down at it before looking back at them.

"Uhm I don't know. I thought I heard something. Maybe it was a rat or something."

"A rat ew!" Maddie squeal.

I shook my head letting out a chuckle. "Or something else." Drew said turning back around.

"What ever it was it's gone now. Beside I don't like dark and scary places." I said pushing myself of from the table.

"You don't like dark and scary places, but you went to the asylum a few days ago." How did he know that? I look confuse at him while he cross his arms over his chest.

"How did you know that?" Maddie cleared her throat making me look at her.

"Yeah I told him what we did." I raise my eyebrows in shock. "And all the things that have happen to us As well."

"Maddie!" She looked down mumbling sorry.

"It's okay I believe you guys. I know what's going on there." I look back at Drew.

"So do you wanna explore the tunnel?" He asked with a excited smirk.