14.The Field Trip

Grian let out a big yawn, stretching out his arms before laying his head on the desk. "I'm tired," he mumbled to his teacher.

"But you just slept not too long ago and you had slept soundly." Miesall argued, feeling where this was going. Grian just loved derailing his lessons. It was the most irritating thing he ever did and even more annoyingly, Miesall couldn't say that he hated these diversions, useless as they were.

"Oh well, in that case I guess I'm just bored then." Grian chuckled. "This is just as bad as high school!"

"But I thought that you could not recall your time in high school," Miesall responded.

"So? Everyone knows how boring school is!" The human replies, throwing his hands up. The Watcher could only facepalm, at a complete loss of words. He could already feel Grian's mischievous pull on him, beckoning him to waste time talking about senseless things.

Miesall slowly raised his head one more, sighing. "I'm not falling for this one again."

"Falling for what again, Miesalt?" Grian replied, a cheeky smirk appearing on his face.

Miesalt. It was the nickname Grian had given the other against his wishes. No matter how many times he told the human to stop, he would not and may have even convinced himself that was his actual name at this point.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about,"  Miesall retorted, crossing his arms. "And it's Miesall, not Miesalt!"

"You're misremembering, Miesalt,"

"You think that I would forget my own name? You're the one misremembering!"

Grian had tried to keep a straight face throughout this argument, but this broke him. He burst into uncontrollable laughter. "No, no... I'm sure it's Miesalt!" He said in between laughs.

Miesall turned, his wings puffing up in annoyance. "Fine. No field trip for you."

Grian immediately stopped laughing. "Field trip?" He inquired.

"Is that not what teachers call leading their students outside of the classroom?"

"It is! I want to go on a field trip!" Grian exclaimed, jumping up and down now like a child. "Oh, Miesall, I'll promise I'll be good! I can be good!"

Miesall pretended to be annoyed, but he had a knowing smile. He knew it would go this way all along. "I don't know..." he replied, leading the man on.

"I will! I promise!"

"Quite frankly, I'd be worried if you behaved yourself for once." Miesall teased.

Grian smirked. "I am the king of pranks." He agreed.

Miesall unfolded his arms. "There is a catch though: you must speak in Galactic."

Grian pouted, folding his arms as he walked around the desks. "You're no fun." 

The Watcher waved dismissively at Grian as he walked out. Grian had to run to catch up. He walked both of them into his quarters.

"⍑ᒷ||! ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ ╎ᓭリ'ℸ ̣ ᔑ... field trip!╎ℸ ̣ 'ᓭ ||𝙹⚍∷ ∷𝙹𝙹ᒲ!" Grian protested.

"╎ℸ ̣ ╎ᓭ ⎓╎ᒷꖎ↸ ℸ ̣ ∷╎!¡, ⊣∷╎ᔑリ. ᔑリ↸ ╎ ↸╎↸ リ𝙹ℸ ̣ ᓭᔑ|| ╎ℸ ̣ ∴ᔑᓭ ᔑ ⊣∷ᒷᔑℸ ̣ 𝙹リᒷ." Miesall said before taking his chair and sitting in it backwards, dropping his arms over the sides. It felt surprisingly casual for the uptight creature, but Grian paid it no mind. Instead, he stuck his tongue out. "∴𝙹⚍ꖎ↸ ||𝙹⚍ !¡∷ᒷ⎓ᒷ∷ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ⊣𝙹 ʖᔑᓵꖌ?"