𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜 (𝚙𝚝 1) | miguel diaz

Sometimes, when you're friends with a boy... You develop feelings. It's not hate, or dislike.

It's love.

And sometimes, love is an incredible feeling. Sometimes, it's forbidden. At times, it's fake.

But this feeling is real.

So here I am standing in the middle of a dojo as everyone is staring at me. Including Miguel, the guy that I have to fight.

"Uh... Hey...? (Y/N)? Are you okay?" Miguel asks, waving his hand in my face.

I don't want to think once about how I might just be more than friends with Miguel.

His caring smile, his naive feelings, his asthma.

Even his flaws are turning me up. I tend to look at the negative side instead of the positive side of things.

The negatives of loving Miguel:

- We've been friends since kindergarten

- It could ruin our friendship

While... The positives... Don't have the greatest outlook.

"(Y/N)?" Miguel asks again.

"Huh?" I ask, snapping myself out of my head.

"We have to fight... Remember?" He asks me, putting his hand on my shoulder.

Don't be distracted (Y/N)... Don't be distracted...

"Yeah... I totally... Remember..." I say, staring deeply into his eyes with a smile.

"Okay... So are you gonna kick me or someth-"

I kick him.

"Oww...!" Miguel says. "You've gotten stronger over the week..."

"Wow! Great job (Y/N)!" Johnny says. His voice has always had a lack of emotion. (It's probably the actor) "Striking first!"

"Yeah..." I say, out of breath. "But did you learn this move yet?"

I take his hand and both of us end up on the ground while I was on him.

Miguel smiles at me.

---------

"Seriously? Are you freaking serious?" I hear from outside my door. It was probably my mom and dad. They had been fighting for the longest time and I guess that still, right now, they are. Suddenly, I hear crashing.

Like glass shattering.

"You shouldn't mess with me!" I hear my dad say.

I go down to see what happened. My mom was on the ground. Glass spread all over her like water.

I didn't know how to react now that my dad had abused my mom without my knowing. I wasn't crying. I was too shocked and scared to cry. The tears just wouldn't come out. I was breathing heavily, like in horror movies when they think that the scary thing has them.

I wasn't going to shout at my dad. I wasn't going to do anything because now that he's abused my mom, I knew I was next.

I gather all my stuff that I will need. I wasn't going to live at this house. I was too scared.

I took all of it and smashed my window. Carefully going out.

I slip on the water because it was raining outside. I didn't hit the ground. I thought I was going to fall. Why haven't I fallen yet?

It was like 3 feet off the ground. So I jump down and head for Miguel's house. Or apartment complex...

------------

I knock on the door. Scared for a reply.

"Yes...?" asks Carmen. I burst into tears. Big tears. I had a place where I could cry. "Oh no, (Y/N)..."

She carries me to the couch.

For awhile, I explain to her what happened. Mrs. Diaz hugs me through all the pain of seeing my mom on the floor.

Suddenly, there's a knock on the front door.