dissecting frogs - miguel diaz

IN WHICH two teenagers bond over dissecting a frog

---------

(Y/N's Pov)

"Today, class, we are going to be dissecting frogs," The science teacher announces. "So I will be giving you your partner's. Please know that you cannot choose you're partners due to the stuff that has happened."

I raise my hand and Mr. Palmer instantly points at me, "Are they picked randomly or does it depend on grades?" I ask.

"That, is none of your business." Mr. Palmer replies. "Sam will go with Chloe, Piper with Fawn, (Y/N) with Miguel..."

After that, I don't listen anymore to who is with which and get to Miguel.

"Hey, Miguel..." I say.

"Hi... Let's get to dissecting." He answers, banging his fingers on the desk.

(Miguel's Pov)

(Y/N) was pretty, to be honest. We both like 80's music. We bonded over the most simplest of things.

"It's kinda gross dissecting frogs..." She says, scrunching her face in disgust.

"I know right..." I decided I was going to ask her, I knew it was too quick, especially because we both had just broken up with someone. "Hey, do you wanna go on a date...? I know this is too quick, so you don't have to say ye-"

She kisses me.

"No kissing in the classroom, kids." Mr. Palmer says. Breaking our makeout session with a ruler. "Get to dissecting the frog, not your mouths."

"That makes no sense..." (Y/N) says.

At the corner of my eye, I see Sam watching in jealousy. She goes out the class.

I follow her.

"Sam," I say. "We broke up so why do you care?"

"It's not that, Miguel."

"Then what?"

"The girl used to be my childhood bully."

I look at her, mouth wide open. What was I going to do?