sadie - miguel diaz

(Y/N's Pov)

Today, I was as tired as hell. I took 10 of my hours giving birth to a little girl. Miguel told me that Carmen and my dad, Johnny, would be coming over to see me and, of course, the baby.

"What should I name her?" I ask Miguel, as I rock the baby. He grabs a chair.

"I was thinking... We should ask Johnny." He says.

I laugh, but he doesn't laugh along so I stop. "Oh. You weren't joking, we're asking my dad."

Miguel sighs a little bit. "Look, I knew you'd react this way... But listen to me... Johnny's my 'step-dad' and he's your real dad. Let's turn to him for advice, kay?"

I cross my arms and look at the wall, but since when was Johnny's advice helpful? Miguel ended up almost paralyzed because of his advice. "Hmmph... Fine." I say. "But it's weird we're not married and we had a baby. Why isn't Carmen mad at us?"

"I dunno..."

Johnny comes in the room. "Hey (Y/N), where's that little badass?"

"Here... Be careful." I tell my dad, giving him the baby.

"Where's Carmen?" Miguel asks.

Johnny sighs. "She didn't come."

A frown appears on Miguel's face.

"She's outside, what do you think?" Johnny says, pointing outside. Miguel leaves.

"Miguel wants you to name her..." I smile. "Anything but a boy name."

He thinks, looking at the baby. "Can it be bada-"

"Yes, Dad. It can be badass..." I cut him off, rolling my eyes.

"She looks like a Sadie or a Jin- no... Just a Sadie..." Johnny says. I honestly think that it was a good name for her.

"Wow... Did you think about that on the spot?" I ask him.

"No, I searched it all up on the Google." He smiles. "I did ever since the ultrasound."

I love how Johnny still doesn't know that he doesn't need to say "the Google" like he says "the Facebook".

I shake my head, chuckling.

"Sadie is a beautiful girl..." He smiles. "When will I train her?"

"I don't want your karate to mess up Sadie's brain, but I'm thinking age 4. Huh? She'll be a small you. A girl you." I say.

"You and Miguel must've had a fun time making her, huh?" Johnny teases, looking down at her, sleeping. "All the one-on-one fighting-"

"Dad!"

"What? I'm just saying what I know you're thi-"

Carmen comes in the room. "Oh...! Your baby is beautiful..." She cries. "What's her name?"

"Me and Johnny decided Sadie..." I say.

"That's a beautiful name for my granddaughter..." Carmen says. "Did you or..."

"Johnny decided it..." I say. "Ya' know Miguel... I don't regret asking him."

Miguel puts his hands in his pockets. "Well... I told you..."

"I love Sadie..." I say. Who knew a little girl would be the thing keeping me up all night.

----------

On a totally unrelated note; why in No Mercy, when Miguel says, "Like that move? Learned it from your dad."

WHY IS THAT HOT? WHY IS THAT HOT TO ME? IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE OFFENSIVE BUT, IT'S SO HOT!

Tell me your opinion... Because I was like feeling all hot inside and I had that stomach feeling. It's the way he said it.

Why did I put (Y/N's Pov) if I wasn't even going to change the pov? 🤣