excuse me, um, i love you - xolo maridueña

"MOOOOOOM!!!" I scream, coming into the living room. "LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON THE PHONE."

My mom snatches my phone from my hands.

"Meet'n'greet Xolo Maridueña..." My mom reads. "And the rest of the Cobra Kai cast..."

"Can I go?" I ask, hoping not to be let down.

"Hmm..." My mom thinks. "Let's just say, if you don't fail your upcoming math test, then maybe... Maybe I will let you go and meet the Cobra Kai cast."

"It's not just the cast mom. It's Xolo!" I shout.

"Okay, calm down, (Y/N), I get you have a big celebrity crush, but the price is high. 30.99 to meet a cast. Seriously, we're debt right now. Just do good on the math test and maybe I will let you go to meet him." My mom replies.

Disappointment fades onto my face.

-THE NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL-

"Unbelievable." My friend, Emma says, slamming her locker after putting on lip gloss. "They're saying nobody's going to pass that test."

"I know. I just wanted to meet Xolo..." I whisper.

"It's like the biggest math test. It's 50% of your grade! So if you don't pass that test, you might not even move to grade 11." Emma adds, which makes me feel worse.

I bite my nails furiously. I know I study really hard, but I'm anxious. What if I don't pass?

"Hey... (Y/N)... Don't do that..." Emma says. "I have faith in you..."

"I don't have faith on myself though." I say. "You're dad is like, rich... I can't even afford a car."

"We're an average family, (Y/N). We always donate to your family."

Suddenly, that gives me an idea. "Emma, you're a genius!"

"Wait, what?"

"Just lend me some of your money and I'll be able to go. Please Emma."

"I... I just... Ugh... Fine." Emma sighs. "Just please. Let this be the last batch."

She gives me the $31 dollars that I need for the meet'n'greet.

"Thanks Emma!" I thank her. "I can't wait to go this Thursday!"

"Will you pay me back?" She asks me.

"Maybe," I say. "When I marry Xolo and I have enough money to pay you back, then I will."

"You can't just say that Xolo will marry you." Emma says.

"So Harry Styles will marry you, but Xolo won't marry me?" I ask, finding this not fair. Even though she told me that during math, I still replied to her during lunch.

"Okay, okay, so maybe I'm over-reacting... But we all know me and Harry Styles are soulmates."

"Yeah..."

-LATER AT HOME-

I run to the living room. "MOOOOOOM!!!" I scream. "I asked Emma for some money so I could meet Xolo... And she gave me some!"

I start bursting into tears because I was so happy.

"(Y/N)... Was she okay with that?" My mom asks.

"Yeah... Of course...!" I say.

My mom puts down her stitching kit. "For now, you can buy whatever you want with the money. I will drive you there until you pass the math test."

"But the test is hard and... And... I won't be able to...-"

"Listen to me. You have to pass."

Later that night I went to sleep. I was in my dreams and vivid colors bounced around me, floating around in the air.

Suddenly, a familiar face fades in. "Hey, (Y/N)"

My eyes grow wide in excitement. "You-You're Xolo Maridueña! That guy from Cobra Kai!"

He steps close and grabs my waist, the vivid colors disappear. It then turns into us on a rollercoaster.

"What is happening?!" I scream as the ride goes down. My hair floats in the air.

Then it becomes dark and Xolo whispers into my ear, "(Y/N), (Y/N),
(Y/N)"

My mom was standing above me at home on the couch, repeating my name. "(Y/N)!" She shouts. "(Y/N)!"

I open my eyes. "You know what mom, nevermind that meet'n'greet. I'll just not... Go..."

I needed to breath. I was scared. I had a weird dream and I didn't think I could go to school or go to the meet'n'greet.

I just sat there staring at the wall, scared.