Five O' Clock Snow, Five O' Clock Show

Outside the window in Grains, the little on-the-go coffee shop Y/N worked at in Rockefeller Center, snow began to blanket the concrete floors New York City. An impatient grunt broke her out of her distraction, and she turned back around to the counter to see a customer leaning over, now ringing the miniature gold bell.

When her gaze moved from the man's strong hands, fondling the bell, it met his wide-set eyes, and the expression in them changed from frustration to...something else...as his met hers, too. She then took in his face as a whole, his full brows, slim, pointed mouth, square jaw, and five o'clock shadow.

He wasn't a regular customer. He was Jimmy Fallon.

"Sorry," he said, blinking out of the stare he was locked in with Y/N. His voice sounded flustered, and he blurted out with barley a breath to spare, "It's just...I'm hosting a show in this building, and it starts in twenty minutes. I would have my assistant get me a coffee, but she'd have to come back down here and I wouldn't get it in time, and I can't start the show without my coffee. I'm exhausted, but I was walking past already, and..."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Y/N smiled comfortingly. "It's okay. You don't owe me an explanation! So, what would you like to order?"

Jimmy chuckled awkwardly, his thin lips spreading. "A latte. Any latte. Please."

"It's on the house," said Y/N as she selected her favourite latte from the menu and began mixing the ingredients.

"What? No, no, no, I'm the one with money, you don't need to do that."

Y/N's head shot up, taken aback, but when she noticed the apologetic look on Jimmy's face, she reassured him with another smile.

"Oh God, I didn't mean that, I'm so sorry," Jimmy backtracked. "My head is scrambled at the moment. I hope I don't make any slip-ups this episode."

"They can edit it out if you do, anyway, right?," said Y/N, handing Jimmy his fresh latte. "And, it's okay, we all have those days."

"Some of us have those lives." Jimmy laughed, but it didn't sound like a joke. "Here, to make up for what I said." He reached into his pockets and pulled out a stack of cash. Notes. One hundred dollar bills. "Keep the change," he said, before sliding them onto the counter and turning away for the elevator without another word.

***

Question: What would you do if Jimmy Fallon was your customer in real life?

Please leave a vote and a comment if you enjoyed this chapter! Everyone who takes the time to give my story a chance is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for reading!