Cops Are Calling

"Can't you check CCTV?" Y/N asked. "Or do DNA tests?"

"There's only one security camera and we found nothing suspicious on it. And, as for the DNA tests, we can only find out whose DNA it belongs to by testing people, but we don't know who to test as we don't have any suspects. Unless you have anyone to suggest, I'm afraid that route is a dead end," said Officer Busher.

Y/N was screaming internally. She did have suspects, but because of the stupid secret looming over her, she couldn't suggest Alice, and because of her love for Jimmy, she couldn't suggest him, either.

Unless...she could suggest Jimmy. "Perhaps you could test everyone who was present at the golf course, but tell them it's just mandatory so they won't get offended and think we're accusing them. I know Jimmy Fallon, Justin Timberlake, Patrick Mahomes, and Travis Kelce were there."

"Jimmy Fallon is your partner, right?" asked Officer Busher, sounding a little baffled.

"Yes," said Y/N. Even while she was suspecting Jimmy, those words, Jimmy Fallon is your partner, still gave her butterflies, and she smiled to herself. "But, don't you think we should include him just so it won't sound biased when we test Justin, Patrick, and Travis, and anyone else who might've been there at the time?"

"Yes, you're right, Miss Y/L/N." Officer Busher laughed. "You should take my job, already!"

Y/N did feel a little proud that Officer Busher thought her smart for that idea, when it wasn't even her main idea. Really, she was playing a second game under the surface, where she was trying to make the police think they were testing Jimmy so the others wouldn't get suspicious, while she was actually suggesting they test the others so Jimmy wouldn't get suspicious. Well, she did want the others tested, too, really, just so that no stone was left unturned. It was suspicious that Justin had came into the woods calling after Jimmy right after the incident. So, it worked out well both ways.

After thanking Officer Busher, Y/N ended the call. She found herself hoping the barista would turn out to be guilty. At least that would mean she could rest easy knowing no one was still out to get her. The barista didn't know her personally, so she wouldn't be a specific target—he could just be crazy. Even Jimmy's friends would make good culprits, because they weren't close to Y/N, so it would matter less.

*

At the end of the day, Y/N was let out of the hospital. Despite all of the bad things going on in her life, she was thankful for the fact that the doctors had known she was telling the truth when she said she didn't take the drugs on purpose and wasn't suicidal. She couldn't imagine having to attend some sort of rehab group when she didn't even need it. She very much wanted to be alive...it was just that the universe didn't seem to side with her on that during the past few days.

Y/N sat in the car with Jimmy, Kay, and Don in  the parking lot of the hospital. That was when Jimmy got a phone call.

Once the call had ended, Jimmy said to Y/N, Kay, and Don, "They want me to go into the station right now for DNA testing to see if I spiked Y/N."

Y/N feigned a surprised expression, but inside, she wanted to fist bump the air. She wanted her suspicions of Jimmy to be over with already, so she could enjoy his company again without any doubts at the back of her mind. "I suppose they just want to check everyone. I doubt they actually suspect you," she said.

*

When they arrived at the police station, Y/N went inside with Jimmy to show him some moral support in case he really wasn't the culprit. "What is it with us and police stations these last couple days?" she asked jokingly.

"You're attracting them," insisted Jimmy. "I hadn't been to one in about two years until I met you."

Y/N laughed, but her smile faded when she looked away from Jimmy and in front of her. Walking towards them was Officer Davis, the one who had arrested and questioned her when she was framed for setting off the fire alarm in Rockefeller Centre.

Officer Davis spoke. "Y/N Y/L/N and Jimmy Fallon. Just the two people I've been meaning to contact. Rockefeller Centre don't believe you, Miss Y/L/N. They want to press charges and sue you for the damage it's done to the property. The sprinklers were set off when the alarm was, and it's taking a lot of repairing in certain studios. You better start building a case if you want the courts to believe you're innocent."