Everyone Matters

Everyone stood in silence for a long, sad moment.

The only sound came from Kay's stifled sobs, and eerie wind brushing past all ears. It was cold out, and, as it had the day before, snow began to gently fall.

"So, what now?" Kay whispered, looking at Jimmy hopelessly. The pain in her eyes was almost too much for Y/N to look at.

Instead of Jimmy answering Kay's question, Y/N did. She spoke her words to both Kay and Ariana. "You pull yourselves together, that's what. Getting over someone you love doesn't happen in a day, so there's no point in trying to iron all of your problems out right here, right now. It takes time. Get through every day and every moment as it comes. I think we should all still attend the after party. There's no use in moping around at home, overthinking everything that's just happened between us all."

Y/N couldn't believe she was giving advice to Ariana Grande.

To Y/N, Ariana, along with other celebrities, had always seemed so invincible. Realistically, she knew emotional problems applied to them, but it just still didn't feel like they could take advice from someone as insignificant as herself.

Well, that's how she used to feel. Insignificant. Until she met Jimmy.

Before him, her life was so uneventful, and she thought she had no impact on anyone or anything whatsoever. She felt that she could disappear and be replaced with a completely different girl and nobody would notice. The world would keep spinning exactly the same as if she was still on it.

Now, she had somehow become involved in a crazy whirlwind of a lifestyle, which she knew would be vastly different if she wasn't a part of it. She had started the chain of events which caused Ariana to come out of the closet, and Kay to confess her feelings to Jimmy.

Y/N knew she should feel sad about that, because Ariana and Kay clearly were, which, partially, she did. She was an empathetic person. But, deep down, she was happy. It meant she finally had a life, and impacted others'. It all gave her a purpose.

She had began to realise, though, that the way she'd thought about herself before she'd met Jimmy was completely wrong. She wasn't important or loveable only now that she'd met him. She was all along. It was only that now she had the opportunity to show that importance and love to the rest of the world. She was the same person before she met Jimmy, and being known by others didn't make her any more worthy of a person. Even if she spent her entire life alone in a cave, never to be seen by anyone, she'd still be just as precious as if she was known by the whole world.

"Thank you," said Ariana, and she smiled bittersweetly, her cheeks dimpling.

"Don can take you to the after party with us, if you want, Ariana," Jimmy offered. "Unless you want some time to yourself."

"No, I'd love to go with you guys," said Ariana.

And then they did.

*

The after party was located in a loud, dark, decorated event venue. It was pretty packed with people, many of which Y/N recognised from TV. Jimmy was greeted by many, but he hung onto Y/N's arm and introduced each one to her.

One person, however, seemed to know of Y/N already. "Oh, I saw you on TMZ earlier," he said to Y/N when greeting Jimmy. "You're Jimmy's new whore! That's what they're saying, anyway..."