Bargains

Y/N's heart dropped.

Although she had been worried about Alice exposing her secret since she'd first threatened to, the only thing that kept her calm was the fact that it was Alice's word against hers. She had told Alice that no one would believe her, and she'd been quiet ever since...until now, of course. Alice had actually found the person that Y/N had hurt in the sixth grade. There was no getting out of it, now.

She could either get Jimmy to give her $10,000, or let him find out her secret and accept her fate...and she had already made her decision.

There was no way she was falling victim to Alice's threats. From now on, Y/N was going to focus on what she'd do when Jimmy found out, and how she would convince him not to hate her.

Anyway, there was still a chance he wouldn't find out, although that chance was slim. It was a win-win either way for Alice. Either she'd get the $10,000 she wanted, or she'd sabotage Y/N's relationship with Jimmy after they'd humiliated her at the party.

There was also a chance that Jimmy wouldn't hate Y/N for what she'd done, though. She'd brought the subject up to him before, and he'd reassured her that he wouldn't hate her no matter what she'd done.

Then, she remembered.

Jimmy still could be the one who spiked her drink. If that was the case, it wouldn't make a difference if their relationship fell apart, because it would happen whether Alice exposed her secret or not. The only possible motive she could think of, though, was that maybe Jimmy was a sicko who got off on spiking and raping...and maybe even killing girls. It was suspicious that he was there in the woods when she woke up from passing out...almost like he could've been about to do something...

Y/N couldn't decide if Alice might be guilty of the spiking. She still seemed stuck on the whole secret-from-the-past situation, and she couldn't see what spiking her drink would have to do with it. Unless it was a way to show Y/N her power...she couldn't think of any other motive. It did make sense, however, that the person who spiked her drink had used an amount of drugs that wouldn't kill her. Alice definitely wouldn't have wanted to kill her, because then there would be no way to get her money, and no satisfaction out of ruining her relationship.

Jimmy's points could be applied the barista, as well, though. The barista could've wanted to assault and maybe kill her, too.
Kay could be a candidate, too. Was she really with her family while Y/N and Jimmy were playing golf? After all, she did have a motive...she could've been trying to kill Y/N to have a chance with Jimmy. Although...the amount of drugs wouldn't have been enough. But, then again, Kay probably wouldn't know that.

It still bothered Y/N that she'd seen a flash before she passed out...could it really have been from a camera? It didn't seem like Alice would've taken the photo, because surely she'd use that to blackmail Y/N for the money, instead of using the secret as the threat. Perhaps Jimmy or the barista took photos they wanted to keep after assaulting and killing their victim.

Y/N could probably find out who did it by simply telling the police her suspects, and having them test their DNA and fingertips, and maybe even search their homes. She had thought she was going to tell the police she was suspecting Alice, but then she remembered that if she did that, they'd question what this 'secret' was, and eventually find out, and Y/N could get into trouble, too.

Y/N debated whether to message Alice back or not, and say there was no point in threatening her because it wasn't going to work. But, then she decided that the best way to show that was to ignore the texts altogether. Maybe Alice would even think Y/N didn't receive the texts at all, that maybe she'd blocked her number, and give up. Y/N wasn't going to block Alice's number, though. She wanted to see anything Alice tried to send.

*

Later that night, when the nurses had brought Y/N her dinner, and Jimmy had gone out to the shops with Don, she received another call from the police department.

"Hello, is this Y/N?" said the other line.

"Yes," said Y/N.

"This is Officer Busher again. I'm just calling to update you on the information we have on your investigation. The barista whose fingerprints we found on the drug packet claims that someone paid him to spike the drink, but he refuses to tell us who."

***

Question: Do you think the barista is telling the truth, and if so, who do you think paid him?

Please leave a vote and a comment if you enjoyed this chapter! Everyone who takes the time to give my story a chance is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for reading!