Underlying Confession

"Just tell us the truth!" Jimmy pleaded. "Look, Kay, it's a fire alarm. I'm not going to fire you, I'm not going to do anything. I just want to know."

"Ariana Grande did it."

Y/N and Jimmy looked at one another.

"Why would Ariana do it?" asked Jimmy doubtfully.

"Well, why would I do it?" argued Kay.

"Because, I don't know, you're jealous of Y/N," said Jimmy.

Y/N shut her eyes and winced. She hated being in the middle of this. Did Jimmy have to bring that part up?

Kay looked hurt for a moment, but then said, "And you don't think Ariana is?"

Those words felt surreal to Y/N. Ariana Grande...jealous of her.

Even the situation felt surreal. Just one day ago, she had an average life—going to work, going home to her apartment, and repeating. Now, she was in a police station after being arrested for so-say setting a fire alarm off backstage at The Tonight Show, and, the night before all of that, sleeping in the same bed as Jimmy Fallon.

"I'm giving you one chance, Kay. You better be telling the truth," said Jimmy. "Let's go and settle this with Ariana Grande."

In the car, Don looked at Y/N through the rear view mirror. "You've been a bit of a naughty girl, haven't you?" He laughed sarcastically.

"It wasn't Y/N, Don," said Jimmy without a smile.

"I know, I'm only playing with you. So, do you know who it was?" said Don.

Jimmy glared at Kay. "...Not quite yet."

*

Y/N, Jimmy, and Kay stepped out of the car and began walking towards Rockefeller Center just as Ariana was walking out of it. They all approached each other.

"Ariana, I have to ask you this..." Jimmy sighed. "Did you set the alarm off? Because it wasn't Y/N like the police were saying, and Kay swears she had no involvement."

Ariana's eyebrows pulled up into that oh-so-innocent expression that she wore so well. "What? Noo!"

Kay's eyes flashed thunder. "Don't lie!"

"I won't if you won't," said Ariana with a small smile.

"What do you mean?" demanded Jimmy. "Just tell me the truth, I don't care if you did it! I wanna move past this situation as much as you all do."

"You first, Ariana," said Kay.

"Okay. I set the alarm off—" admitted Ariana.

"See!" Kay yelled.

"Because she told me to!" Ariana finished, pointing at Kay.

"You're both acting so childish!" said Jimmy, losing his patience now. "Why would either one of you do that?"

Ariana started to explain. "Kay was lurking outside your dressing room when I came out of it. She asked me what you guys were talking about when I had walked in, so I told her. She said she couldn't bear for your conversation with Y/N to continue because it sounded like you were about to...confess your love to her. She gave me the dress to hide my identity from CCTV, and told me to set off the alarm to interrupt the both of you. She said she knew the conversation was bound to happen in the future, but that she wanted to at least postpone it before she thought of a more permanent solution."

Jimmy reached for Y/N's hand and squeezed it. She looked at him, and he sent her a reassuring, yet very clearly stressed, smile.

"But why would you do what Kay told you to and set the alarm off?" Jimmy asked Ariana, bewildered.

"I'd do anything for her," Ariana said, "because...I love her."

***

Question: Do you like Kay, and what are your reasons for your answer?

If you've made it this far into my story, you're so appreciated and I can't thank you enough! I'm so happy people are reading and (hopefully) enjoying this little world I've created. Stay ready for lots more to come!