Lust Over Living

Both Ariana and Kay's eyes were closed, passionately embracing each other's mouths, each other's bodies.

Y/N was dumbfounded. How had that happened so fast? Just earlier, Kay had been so distraught. She hadn't seemed interested in Ariana at all. Perhaps the two of them were just drunk and would either forget or ignore the incident in the morning. Or, maybe Kay was distracting herself from the feelings she had for Jimmy. Or...she could've been pretending Ariana was Jimmy in her head. The thought made Y/N uncomfortable. Unless, Kay just really was giving Ariana a chance. It could end up perfect. Y/N and Jimmy, Ariana and Kay. Everyone happy, the way it should be.

Y/N silently left the bathroom.

She felt envy for a moment. Her and Jimmy had only kissed once, and it hadn't lasted long. The most they'd done was have Jimmy touch her breasts. She wondered when their kiss would've ended if Kay hadn't woken up and interrupted them, and if it could've led to something more...

No. She and Jimmy were taking things slowly. Y/N was sure Jimmy wouldn't have gone all the way with her on the first night even if she'd have tried to.

Taking small steps at a time was the way Y/N wanted to continue doing things with Jimmy. Truthfully, she was kind of scared that the little things, like touching hands and leaning against Jimmy's chest, would stop feeling so special if they did bigger things together all of the time. She was afraid Jimmy would start feeling like she was less special if she gave him everything at once, too. In one way, Y/N wanted things to stay exactly like they were forever, to be able to press pause on their lives and feel the same way for the rest of it. In the another way, though, she wanted to take things further. She wanted to know what it would feel like to have Jimmy inside of her. She could never get close enough to him, always leaning against him in some sort of way, and having sex was the closest they could get.

It was easy for Y/N to forget that she and Jimmy had only known each other for just over a day. They had spent more time together than not during that day, though. Almost every moment, they were by each other's sides. Y/N felt like they knew each other so well, but there were obviously sides of each other that they hadn't met, yet. She knew so because Jimmy had only met one side of her. She almost felt guilty for it, like she was a fraud. Like she'd tricked him into falling for her when he didn't even know her true self. But, when she was around him, she was her true self—he just never brought the bad side out of her. He made her a better person. He calmed her. Y/N reasoned with herself that of course she wouldn't purposely act wild and angry just to get it out of the way and show Jimmy that she could be like that at times. He knew she was human, and all humans had a side of them that got angry and mean. In fact, any good person would. Any good person would get angry at injustice, and if they didn't, they'd be worse of one.

When Y/N returned to the corner of couches, Jimmy had his face down by the coffee table, about to snort a line of cocaine. Then, he saw Y/N, and sat back up.

"Go on then, Jim," urged Amy.

But Jimmy refused.

*

At four o'clock in the morning, Y/N and Jimmy made their way outside to the car, holding hands. Don and Kay were waiting inside it.

Don eyed Jimmy in the rear view mirror. "You good, Jim?"

Jimmy smiled at Y/N, then looked at Don. "Yeah."

Don raised his eyebrows and nodded approvingly.

Kay was passed out, leaning against her window. Y/N looked at her, wondering what was going on in her head. Probably a lot.

*

Don had said that it was late, and the emergency apartment that they'd stayed in the night before was closer, so they were going to crash there again. Back at the flat, there was no discussion of where everyone would sleep. They all just took the rooms that they'd last stayed in. Kay barely woke up between walking from the car to the couch, and Don was tired from waiting to pick them all up from the party and went straight to sleep beside her. Y/N and Jimmy were actually awake enough to get themselves ready for bed, brushing their teeth and washing their faces.

"You really ought to get out of that dress," said Jimmy as Y/N was about to climb into bed.