Pretty Princess

Y/N felt like a fool.

She had wanted the moment Jimmy read her card to be special, intimate, a tease...but Kay had got there first.

Surely Jimmy didn't know what she meant, though. It was kind of like an inside joke she made with herself. She had only ever called Jimmy a stranger in her head. But Jimmy still was a stranger, and he and Kay both knew she was hesitant about joining them in the apartment. Kay even knew she was scared to get into the car.

Y/N looked down at the table and blushed.

"Sounds like good advice to me," said Jimmy.
Y/N bit down on inside of her lip. Jimmy knew what she had meant.

Only two minutes prior, she had hoped Jimmy would get the reference, but now she cringed.

Y/N sucked in one breath until she could feel the pressure in her lungs, and sat back up straight. Who the hell cared? Her card was sexy. She was sexy. She reminded herself it was only a tease, that Jimmy couldn't actually have her. With one flip of a switch, her mindset had changed. Now she was superior, not Jimmy. She had the upper hand. It was about time she stopped idolising him before her head got out of hand. She'd no longer stress over what he thought of her.

*

After a few more drinks and tame rounds of Cards Against Humanity, if you could count any card on the deck of that game tame, Kay began to drift asleep. She rested her head on Don's shoulder, and soon after, he started to doze off, too.

A deafening silence filled the room as the only ones awake were Y/N and Jimmy. Y/N fiddled with her hands, and Jimmy began placing the empty takeout containers back into the carrier bag.

"I guess we'd better go catch some Z's, now, too, huh?" Jimmy said with an awkward chuckle.

"Yeah," Y/N yawned.

"Lemme go grab my spare duvet from the cupboard one minute, since I'm sleeping in the tub." Jimmy opened the door of a storage room and pulled out a thick quilt. "I'll use it as a mattress. Even the princess wouldn't be able to feel the pea with this thing under her."

Y/N wasn't sure if Jimmy was hinting at sharing the bed, or if he wanted her sympathy. Either way, she did feel guilty. It was his house, after all. "You can have the bed, I don't mind."

"Are you kidding me, I'd never do you like that." Jimmy laughed. "I couldn't picture you ever sleeping in a tub, anyway."

"Why?"

"Well, look at you, you little princess."

"You're the princess. You're rich, and you've even got your own little servants running after you." Y/N giggled. "The Princess and the Pea."

"Well, in that case, will you be my knight in shining armour?"

"What would I get in return?"

"A true love's kiss from the very princess everyone else throws their hearts at."

"I get the feeling someone very close to the princess has already thrown her heart at him once before," Y/N whispered, looking down.

"And she missed," said Jimmy, stepping closer to Y/N. "The princess didn't catch it."

Y/N's face turned solemn. "What happened with her?"

"Let's just say...the princess is a fan of one night stands."

Y/N sighed. "Be serious."

"Okay. I slept with her. Once. But nothing more has ever went on between us. Nothing romantic. Unprofessional, I know. It was a mistake. A moment of weakness, and...dare I say desperation."

Y/N felt a tinge of sympathy for Kay due to the fact that she was considered unwanted if not for desperation by Jimmy. She clearly liked him more than he liked her, and he seemed obtusely unaware...unless he just chose to ignore it. "Come to bed with me," she whispered all of a sudden.

Looking at Jimmy in the dim light, his face soft and pretty, his clothes baggy and worn, she just felt the urge to be close to him. Not even to kiss him, though she'd gladly take the chance if offered, but just to touch him, feel his skin against hers, and know that he could feel her, too.

Jimmy stared at her back. He chucked again. "Are you sure? I wouldn't wanna make you uncomfortable."

Y/N couldn't believe what she was about to say, but she aired it with her heart. "You give me more comfort than anyone has ever let me feel before."

***

Question: Do you think Y/N and Jimmy are moving too fast?

Please leave a vote and a comment if you enjoyed this chapter! Everyone who takes the time to give my story a chance is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for reading!