Lost Puppy

Y/N peered inside the small door window of a room labelled 'THE TONIGHT SHOW DISCUSSIONS'. Seven people, including Jimmy and Kay, were sat around a large round table, deep in discussion. There seemed to be a positive atmosphere, with everyone laughing, smiling, and motioning with their hands frequently.

Wishing she'd chosen to sit snug in the room with Jimmy, she leaned against the wall outside. A few moments later, though, the door opened beside her.

"Hi," said Kay. "What are you doing here?"

Y/N felt a wave of relief wash over her. "How did you know I was outside?"

"I saw your hair bobbing around by the window," Kay said, smiling and tugging playfully on a lock of it.

"Oh." Y/N decided to play off how overwhelmed she was feeling, because Kay seemed so nonchalant herself. "Someone was...taking photos of me. Like, paparazzi photos."

"Oh, I'm not surprised, really. Just ignore it."

Although Kay's ability to stay unfazed by invasive paparazzi made Y/N feel weak, it also comforted her. If Kay wasn't concerned, it probably wasn't anything she needed to care about. Y/N supposed that, walking around the building on her own, she had gotten tangled up in her own mind, and had started overthinking. She had a habit of that, which was why she found it best to air her thoughts whenever they got too much.

"Want me to wait out here with you? I'm no use in there, anyway. I'm not very imaginative, I just attend the meetings so I know there's nothing I haven't added to Jimmy's schedule."

"Yeah. Thank you." Y/N's heart felt for Kay. She seemed caring and genuine, and could clearly tell that Y/N wanted someone to wait with.

"Guess who I've got written on Jimmy's schedule for him to meet tonight!" squealed Kay, doing an excited jiggle.

"Who?"

"Ariana Grande! She's the main guest on tonight's Tonight Show."

Y/N felt her heart ignite with excitement. She would be there, too! She'd get to meet Ariana Grande! "What? Really?"

"Yes! I've met her many a time, but trust me, the first time I met her I was just as excited as what you look right now."

"I can't believe Jimmy didn't mention it!"

"He's probably just being respectful." Kay shrugged. "Ariana has been trying to get with Jimmy since the day she met him...and I think she's getting impatient."

***

Question: If Ariana Grande likes Jimmy Fallon, how do you think Y/N should handle the situation?

Please leave a vote and a comment if you enjoyed this chapter! Everyone who takes the time to give my story a chance is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for reading!