Let the Show Commence

"You didn't answer our texts!" Sonia continued, glancing at Jimmy excitedly from the corner of her eye.

"You, uh, texted me?" Y/N asked, feigning surprise.

"Yes! And, even if we didn't, why wouldn't you think of texting us first that you're friendly with...Jimmy!" Sonia said, whispering his name enthusiastically.

Y/N faced away from Jimmy and spoke quietly. "I didn't wanna jinx anything. I have to go, but I'll text you all about it later, I promise."

She truly did want to talk to her friends, but it was also embarrassing in front of Jimmy. So far, she had managed to keep up a cool and collected act, making Jimmy feel like he was chasing her just as much as she was chasing him, so if he knew how ecstatic she really was, it would ruin that reputation of hers.

"Hey, you're not getting away that fast, Y/N," said Alice, approaching her two friends. "I get it, you're cool now. You're in the celebrity circle. But I won't let you forget me," she said jokingly with a smile.

"Who could?" Y/N joked back. "I'll tell you both the details when we're alone. We need a girl talk. I'll text you tonight." She glanced at Kay who was looking impatient. "I have to go. I love you guys. Bye!"

The truth was, Y/N wasn't as close to Alice and Sonia as they were with each other. They were both outgoing, typically pretty, enjoyed nightlife, and had a lot of experience with boys. Y/N, on the other hand, was shy, unconventionally pretty, a homebody, and a virgin.

That was probably why Alice and Sonia were so shocked it was Y/N meeting Jimmy and attending his shows, rather than them. They were always out and about where opportunities for those sorts of things were likely to arise, whereas Y/N went to work and then home, so there was almost no chance.

*

Once Y/N, Jimmy, and Kay had taken the elevator up to his studio's floor and made their way inside, Jimmy was whisked away by all kinds of producers, makeup artists, hair stylists, and film operators.

It was extremely large inside, filled to the brim with studio equipment and employees.
One employee nodded to Kay. "Hello, Kay. Who's this, then?" he said, nodding for a second time, at Y/N now.

"She's a friend of Jimmy's," said Kay.

"Ah, well, nice to meet you. My name's Richard and I'm one of the production managers for The Tonight Show, if you didn't know already." He smiled. "If you want to stay for the real show, we can either seat you in the audience or you can watch from the sidelines backstage!"

"The audience would be great, please," said Y/N.

"I can sit with you," Kay offered.

"I'd love that," said Y/N.

*

After a while of setting up, Y/N and Kay settled down in back audience seats. Watching Jimmy rehearse turned Y/N on. He was so confident, charismatic, and hilarious on stage.

*

A couple of hours ticked by, and everyone seemed ready for the show to begin. Audience members trickled in, soon filling up every seat. Little did they know that Y/N wasn't just a fan—she had woken up in the same bed as Jimmy that very morning. The thought almost frustrated her. Part of her wanted the world to know what they had, but the other part was scared of the judgement and criticism that came along with it.

The moment finally rolled around where Jimmy made his entrance on stage, the crowd roaring.

Y/N had seen it all on television before, but now that she knew Jimmy personally, and she was watching it in the moment, it felt surreal. It probably felt surreal for the other audience members, and they didn't even know Jimmy personally. They probably weren't obsessively in love with him, either. Y/N hoped the feeling was mutual between them.

The main thing Y/N was bracing herself, however, was the moment Ariana Grande would reveal herself, and finally, she did.

***

Question: Should Y/N just be true to herself and admit how strong her feelings are to Jimmy, or is keeping a wall up better for her?

Please leave a vote and a comment if you enjoyed this chapter! Everyone who takes the time to give my story a chance is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for reading!