Wild Ride

"It's Jimmy Fallon! In that car!" someone yelled from the bustling crowd outside the car window.

Y/N looked at Jimmy, and Jimmy looked at his driver. "Go," he commanded. Y/N froze as he reached over her lap to roll the window back up, their faces inches from one another's. She inhaled the smell of coffee and tobacco.

Suddenly, they were thrust back into their seats as the driver hit the accelerator. Y/N and Jimmy glanced at each other, concerned, and he reached over her once again, clicking in her seatbelt. This time, he prolonged the moment, one hand on the buckle, and the remaining on the wall her other side.

The driver twisted his head and glanced out of the rear window apprehensively. Y/N and Jimmy looked behind them, too, only to be blinded by a sea of upcoming headlights.

"The paparazzi. They've found us," Jimmy murmured. He turned to Y/N. "God, I'm so sorry. I've put you in danger."

"It's okay," Y/N reassured, taking his hand, though she was really less sure than him.

The driver took a sharp turn down a backstreet, and Jimmy squeezed Y/N's hand. Two other cars turned into the backstreet behind them, but stopped their cars and blocked the road.

"We made it," Jimmy breathed after watching the scene. "Those are my other drivers. They're stopping anyone else from following us down here."

"Those are some skilled drivers." Y/N giggled almost manically in relief, the adrenaline still pumping through her. Jimmy smiled, his lips stretched out squarely, but he didn't laugh, almost as if he thought Y/N a little crazy.

Once they both had caught their breath, Jimmy realised their hands were still locked. He withdrew his hand awkwardly.

"Wait here," the driver said, and he stepped out of the car to speak to the others.

"Wild ride, huh?" Jimmy's assistant, the one who had stopped Y/N by the subway earlier, craned her head back from the front passenger seat, grinning.

"You could say that." Y/N laughed uneasily.

"You both okay?" the assistant asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Y/N breathed.

"Me, too," said Jimmy. "Are you?" he returned the question, reaching his hand towards his assistant and examining her face and shoulders with it.

Y/N felt a pang of jealousy. This assistant seemed lovely, and she hoped she wasn't injured, too, but she wanted to be the only one Jimmy cared about. Y/N decided that Jimmy must've been attracted to his assistant. Why else would he choose someone so fresh, energetic, and beautiful? Her smile was honest, and the way she spoke so down-to-earth. Smooth, auburn hair fell about her shoulders effortlessly, and, as Y/N had noticed earlier, her figure so fit in her smart blazer-skirt combo.

"My name's Kayla, by the way." The assistant held her hand out to Y/N. "But you can call me Kay."

*

Jimmy's driver reappeared, hopping back into his seat. "Where does the girl live, Jimmy?" he asked, eyeing Y/N in the rear view mirror. She already noted him as an arrogant man.

"Where do you live, Y/N?" Jimmy asked softly. She didn't know why they were playing messenger when she was sat in the same car as them.

"Barker Street."

"Ah, that's in Meldone." the driver mumbled. "We're not gonna get there, Jim. Not with the pap onto us."

Y/N glanced at Jimmy, concerned. "I told you my apartment was far," she whispered.

"Yeah, but mine isn't."

"What do you mean?"

"I have a backup place we stay at in case paparazzi or fans try to follow us to my house. I think I'm gonna have to crash there for the night, and take you there, too. All celebrities have them."

Y/N squeezed her eyes shut, everything suddenly overwhelming her.

"Look, I can take you home if you want me to," said the driver, "but, trust, me, you don't want those paps finding out where you really live."

"They won't care," said Y/N, her voice sounding desperate like a child. Jimmy and his driver shared a glance at each other.

"They will," said Jimmy. "Even if they don't do anything about it now, they'll save it into their little celebrity database, and if you ever become...important...they'll come back to your location and stalk you and take photos, and you'll have to move out."

Y/N lifted her head. "What do you mean by important?"

Jimmy shook his head and blinked awkwardly. "I don't know, like, a friend to me."

"Oh," said Y/N. "Yeah, I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

***

Question: What are your first impressions of Jimmy's assistant, Kay?

Please leave a vote and a comment if you enjoyed this chapter! Everyone who takes the time to give my story a chance is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for reading!