Bail

Y/N pointed at the screen in disbelief. "That's not even me!"

What were the chances of someone wearing the same dress as her, in the same hall Jimmy's dressing room was located?

"That's a nice dress you've got on there. Funny, the person in the video is wearing the exact same one. Based on that information, I beg to differ with you, ma'am. And so does the owner of Rockefeller Center."

"You have to give me a chance to prove myself. Ask Jimmy! I was with him the whole time!"

"It seems a bit fishy that everyone else in that studio was a regular...apart from you...don't you think? It was your first time visiting."

"Yeah, it was my first time visiting, and I wouldn't do anything to jeopardise that! I'd love to be able to go back again—"

The officer burst into sarcastic laughter. "Fat chance of that, young lady."

Y/N's blood felt at boiling point. "Look, that person is wearing a cap! And it doesn't even go with the dress, I'd never wear that!"

"Nice try. You were clearly wearing it to cover your face. You're not the brightest bulb of the bunch, are you? You didn't seem to think about changing the rest of your clothes."

"Yeah, I didn't think about it because I was sat in the dressing room with Jimmy minding my own business!"

"Look, if you would've just came clean and apologised, maybe we would've sent you back off to carry on with your day, but since you're denying it, you clearly have something to hide."

"I'm just denying something I didn't do," Y/N said sternly.

"Well, we're not gonna rest until what you're not telling us is found out. And by we, I mean me and you. You'll be spending the night in that police cell, and I assure you you won't get much rest in there."

Y/N's eyes began to well with tears for the second time that day, only now out of sadness and fear. So much for keeping it together.

The officer sighed. "Look, dont cry. Just own up and it won't go any further. I'm sure your intentions weren't evil. You're just young and immature, and probably wanted to cause a bit of mischief."

"No, I'm not like that. Ask Jimmy," Y/N sobbed, suddenly throwing her head into her hands.

"Officer Davis, a moment, please," someone said, peeking their head into the room.

"Excuse me," said the officer, standing from his chair and walking outside.

How was Y/N even in this position? All she'd done is support the sweetheart she was in love with and mind her own business. She didn't deserve this. She cringed thinking about how she was bragging to Alice and Sonia about her perfect new life with Jimmy just moments before her arrest. How embarrassing.

Officer Davis returned. "You've been released on bail," he said. "You best go thank your good friend Jimmy Fallon for that. You're a very lucky girl." He actually smiled.

*

Jimmy was sat in the waiting room beside Kay with a face of worry when Y/N found him. When he noticed her, he stood up and embraced her in a hug. When they pulled apart, he held both her hands.

"Why do they think you set the fire alarm off?" he asked.

"Because someone dressed exactly like me did."

"They're not taking it any further, are they?"

"I don't know...well, I don't think so. Did you pay for my bail?"

"Oh, thank God, hopefully not. And, yes, but you don't need to worry about that."

"How much? I need to pay you back."

"I said you don't need to worry about it. I can't believe all they cared about was arresting you when you were unconscious. Awh, you poor thing." Jimmy hugged Y/N again.

Kay had been very quiet until she piped up, "I'm so sorry you had to go through that, Y/N."

"Don't be sorry, Kay, it's not your fault," said Y/N, gently breaking out of Jimmy's hug.

"Did a paramedic see you? They were talking about getting one to check you out," said Jimmy.

"No," Y/N said.

"What idiots! I'm calling my lawyer, we're suing them," said Jimmy, and Y/N laughed because she predicted he would. "I think my phone's in your bag, Kay," he added, reaching for it.

"I'll get it," Kay said quickly, but Jimmy had already opened the bag.

Inside, glistening in the light, was a silk champagne slip dress.

An exact copy of the one Y/N was wearing.

***

Question: Do you feel sorry for what Y/N had to go through?

Please leave a vote and a comment if you enjoyed this chapter! Everyone who takes the time to give my story a chance is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for reading!