Crimes Committed

As soon as Kay, Jimmy, and Y/N left the dressing room, Jimmy was swarmed by managers and the health and safety crew. As the star of the show, he was their top priority. Y/N assumed the guests would be protected, too, including Ariana Grande, of course, but she wasn't sure where she was.

They were led outside into the open air, as was absolutely everybody in Rockefeller Centre. The area was packed full with people, a lot of them complaining about their work being interrupted.

"Y/N!" a voice called through the crowd. It was Sonia's voice.

She was attempting to make her way towards Y/N, with Alice following suit, when a security guard blocked her path. "This area is restricted to The Tonight Show staff and guests only," he said sternly.

"Are they your friends?" Jimmy asked Y/N.

"Yes!" she answered.

"Let them over here, sir," commanded Jimmy.

Sonia and Alice sprinted over.

"What's going on?" Sonia asked. "Is there really a fire?"

"I have no idea," said Y/N.

"Did you still get to film Jimmy's show?" asked Alice. To Y/N, she sounded almost hopeful that the answer was no.

"Yeah, I did." Suddenly, seeing her friends stood so curiously before her, the excitement became too much. She had to finally allow herself to brag. "I need to tell you guys some crazy stuff. Come with me."

Y/N led her friends to a quieter corner of the commotion outside.

"Are you finally gonna tell us what's been going on? What you've been so secretive about?" Alice asked.

"Yes." Y/N grinned. "Okay, so...I'm not just friends with Jimmy—"

"She's already on just first name terms with him—they must be close," Alice said to Sonia, smirking.

"I actually have a...thing with him," Y/N finished.

Alice and Sonia gawked. Y/N knew it was going to shock them, and she relished in the feeling. She was always the innocent friend who never had relationships, whether they be romantic or sexual.

"Also...he saw me naked in the shower," Y/N admitted. "And he touched my boobs."
Alice and Sonia screamed, and Y/N wheezed with laughter, holding onto them for support.

"So, are you gonna be, like, a celebrity now?" Sonia half-joked.

"Yeah, like, when's it going public?" Alice asked.

Y/N pulled herself together and presented a serious expression again. "I don't know." She almost regretted telling them now that they were asking questions like that. What if her and Jimmy grew apart before they even had the chance to go public? Or Jimmy found someone he liked more and went public with her instead? Not only would that be heartbreaking for Y/N, it would also be embarrassing, especially after bragging about how close they were. "I don't know if I want it to," she said.

"When can we officially meet him? He needs to be friend-approved," said Alice, and Y/N got the feeling that the reason Alice wanted to meet Jimmy wasn't to approve of their relationship, if you could call it that, but to get in on the limelight herself.

"Um..." Y/N had an idea. "Maybe tonight! There's an after party. I could see if Jimmy will let me invite you."

"I'm sure he will," Sonia said sweetly. "He seems smitten."

Suddenly, someone with a megaphone amidst the crowd began speaking into it. "Attention, everybody! Quiet, please!" Everyone hushed. "It was a false alarm, and the cause has been identified. It is safe to calmly make your way back inside."

Sighs of relief and light chatters began to surface, but they soon turned to gasps and murmurs when two police officers approached the area that the employees and guests of The Tonight Show were stood around. Then, they closed in on Y/N.

"I am placing you under arrest. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you?"

Y/N's mind began to whirl. Her ears rang, her vision blurred into a sea of bright colours, and her knees began to buckle...then, it all faded away.

***

Question: What do you think Y/N is being arrested for?

Please leave a vote and a comment if you enjoyed this chapter! Everyone who takes the time to give my story a chance is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for reading!