Prime Suspect

Y/N's world began to whirl again. "What?" she whispered.

"You must have thrown up most of it, so most of it's out of your system, but we're going to keep you in here for a while just to be safe," said the nurse. "We need to have a talk with you about why you took the drug, though. There was no need for you to have that amount, and it's often used by people who are suicidal..."

Jimmy looked at Y/N, bewildered.

"I-I didn't take it," Y/N stuttered.

The nurse looked confused. "What are you saying? That someone else gave it to you? Or that you were spiked?"

"I don't know," whimpered Y/N.

The nurse sighed. "Where have you been today? Were there any situations where someone could have slipped you a drug?"

The memory of Y/N's threatening text from Alice popped up in her head. Could it have had anything to do with her? Surely not, though. How would Alice even know she was at golf? And Y/N would've seen her. It was a coincidence that she'd received that text the same day as possibly being spiked, though...and the text did say Alice knew Y/N's every move...

"She did say she saw a camera flash," Jimmy answered. "I told the people in reception, but of course we didn't know someone could've spiked her, and there are often cameras around me, so no one really took it into account. As you know, she went off into the woods, that was where I found her, but she said as she was passing out that she saw the flash of a camera. I checked around the area and couldn't find anyone. I know she was delirious so it could've just been that, but..."

"Right," said the nurse seriously. "Hallucinations are a symptom of an overdose, but I'm going to go and call the police in, anyway. This seems to be more serious than we initially thought."

When the nurse left, Y/N looked at Jimmy. She worried that the flash could be been from Alice, but she couldn't tell Jimmy about Alice's text, because then he'd know she was the one who knew her secret, and he might contact her and find it out. "I really did see a flash, I know it wasn't a hallucination. I've had them before when I've had no sleep, and it wasn't one of them this time," she insisted, crying again. "Do you think someone really did this to me?"

"I believe you. And, well, someone must have. I don't know how else you could have consumed all those drugs." Jimmy sat on the side of Y/N's hospital bed and placed his hand on hers. "Look, if you did take them, you can tell me...I can help you through this."

Y/N stopped crying and looked Jimmy dead in the eyes. "I promise you I didn't."

Jimmy nodded sincerely, and then sighed. "I just can't figure out how it could've happed, though. What have you even ate today? Nothing."

"I had a coffee at the golf course."

"I really don't wanna suspect someone of spiking your drink, but I can't think of any other explanation," said Jimmy, his voice wobbling.

"Someone must have. Who was there when it was being made?" said Y/N.

"Just the guy who made it in the coffee shop."

"Well, the only other people who could've put something in there are Justin, Patrick, and Travis." And...Y/N didn't want to say the last name out loud, but...Jimmy. The possibility of even thinking that he would hurt her made her want to evaporate, but she had to consider the chance. He had cherry-picked her out of nowhere after one interaction, taken her home, spoiled her...and when she really thought about it, it all seemed so random. So unlikely, like there had to be a reason behind it other than Y/N being attractive to him. It didn't even make sense, because she was rarely attractive to any other guys, and yet someone with women falling at his feet had chosen her.

Her heart dropped when she remembered Jimmy at his show's after party, bent down, about to sniff the powder of a drug. Could it have been the same one? He obviously had access to it. Y/N didn't want to think that way, though. Most celebrities did drugs, so surely it didn't mean anything...

"You don't really think my friends could've done something like that, do you?" Jimmy asked, horrified.

All of a sudden, Y/N felt slightly unsettled. She shifted in her bed, and looked away from Jimmy. "I don't know," she said quietly.

Jimmy reached for her hand, and she felt chills—not the good kind that she'd felt every other time he'd touched her since they'd met. "The police will find whoever did this, I promise," he said.

***

Question: Do you think Y/N was spiked, and if so, who do you think spiked her?

Please leave a vote and a comment if you enjoyed this chapter! Everyone who takes the time to give my story a chance is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for reading!