Chapter 29 - I'm Sorry

They reach kings cross station and Y/N spots Tonks and Lupin waiting for them. The Ravenclaw met up with the group at the station no one speaking a word, mostly because none of them knew how to make Harry or Y/N feel better.

Tonks and Lupin look at Y/N and Harry sympathetically. Tonks puts a comforting hand on Y/N's shoulder and they all head back to Grimmauld Place.

The first thing Y/N does is go to her room and dump her belongings next to her side of the bed and then does to the room where the old piano sits. She doesn't want to talk to anyone, she just needs to clear her thoughts the best way she know how, through music.

Y/N finds some parchment and starts to chart out notes and lyrics as she begins to play a melodic tune. Immediately all her feelings from the past few days flows onto the page. She gets her thoughts out about the upcoming wizarding war the ministry ignores, her nightmares but most importantly what she did to Hermione last night.

She remembers the terrified look she had on her face as she yelled at her and pushed her aside. The painful memory plagues her mind.

After a few more minutes of writing she just stops and stares at the page for god knows how long. Suddenly a knock pulls her from her thoughts and she spots Cal at the door frame.

"Hey" the Slytherin boy says

"Hey" Y/N says quietly

"Mr Weasley is going to be okay" Cal says "Sirius told us all the news just then"

Y/N nods "that's good"

Cal sighs and moves closer to Y/N looking down at the parchment on the piano stand. "You wrote this just then"

Y/N nods "yeah"

Cal smiles "it looks good. Do you want to play it, together I mean"

"Like old times" Y/N smiles weakly and nods "you join on the chorus and sing the second verse"

Cal nods and Y/N starts to play the piano. A sad melodic tune fills the room.

Thought I found a way
Thought I found a way out (found)
But you never go away (never go away)
So I guess I gotta stay now

Oh, I hope some day I'll make it out of here
Even if it takes all night or a hundred years
Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near
Wanna feel alive, outside I can't fight my fear
Isn't it lovely, all alone
Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin to bone
Hello, welcome home

Walkin' out of town
Lookin' for a better place
Something's on my mind (mind)
Always in my head space

But I know some day I'll make it out of here
Even if it takes all night or a hundred years
Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near
Wanna feel alive, outside I can't fight my fear
Isn't it lovely, all alone
Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin to bone
Hello, welcome home

Whoa, yeah
Yeah, ah
Whoa, whoa
Hello, welcome home

The song finishes and Cal smiles at Y/N and the Ravenclaw feels a little lighter. She still feels guilty for what she did to her girlfriend but that's something they will have to discuss together.

"You feeling better" Cal says

"A little better" Y/N says

"Ahem" a voice interrupts them and they look up to see Flo standing in the doorway. "Dinner's ready"