Chapter 21 - Umbridge Taking Over

It's been a few days since Hermione's birthday and the group are sitting down eating breakfast in the great hall. Y/N and Ron are on their second serving of french toast whilst Flo and Hermione both look at them disgusted.

"Do you two ever stop eating?" Flo says and Y/N rolls her eyes and continues eating whereas Ron frowns

"What? I'm hungry." Ron replies and Flo huffs and Y/N laughs.

Suddenly Harry makes his way over to the group with a timid expression his face. The group look up at him with a welcoming expression.

"Harry" Flo says and Harry smiles

"Can I join you?" Harry says and Y/N smiles

"Of course" the Ravenclaw says and Harry smiles and sits between Ron and Jorden.

"We missed you mate" Jorden says grasping his shoulder and Harry laughs

"Me too guys, I'm sorry for being distant" Harry says

"It's alright mate we get it" Ron adds and Harry smiles and plates up some food on his plate.

"Just glad to have you back" Callan says and Harry smiles.

The group seems to be in high spirits now that Harry has returned and they fill him in about what's been happening and Harry told the group about contacting Sirius.

Suddenly there is a loud commotion coming from outside the great hall. Some students have already made their move to see what's going on.

Y/N looks to Harry and they both get up followed by the others and outside the great hall stands Professor McGonagall and Professor Umbridge.

"Pardon me, professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?" Umbridge says

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students, you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices." McGonagall replies sternly

Umbridge laughs nervously "So silly of me, but it sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom, Minerva."

"Not at all, Dolores, merely your medieval methods." McGonagall says

"I'm sorry. But to question my practices is to question the Ministry and by extension, the minister himself." Umbridge snaps "I am a tolerant woman, but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty."

"Disloyalty." McGonagall scoffs

Umbridge looks furious but keeps her composure as she addresses the audience that has just watched the exchange. "Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action."

-------------------------------------------------------—

Throughout the week, Umbridge has been sitting in on all the teachers classes assessing them and they so happen during Y/AB's classes

Her first one was with Snape where the potions Professor could barely teach without Umbridge stepping in to ask a stupid question.

"You applied first for the Defense Against the Dark Arts post, is that correct?" Umbridge questions

"Yes" Snape says unamused

"But you were unsuccessful?" Umbridge replies and Snape glares at the woman

"Obviously" he says and Ron can't help but laugh quietly and Y/N hides her grin.

"I've never seen Snape so uncomfortable" Jorden whispers to Harry and he smiles.

Once Umbridge finally leaves Snape whacks the back of Ron's head with a light book and Y/N can't help but laugh.

"I suggest you continue on with your work Miss Black" Snape grumbles