Chapter 43 - Finals

The day has finally arrived. The Quidditch finals, Ravenclaw against Gryffindor. Y/N has been training her team twice a week to get Cho and Flo used to the team. She has also been doing some extra practise with Flo so that she is even more prepared. The Ravenclaw captain is up against Harry who is a very good seeker.

The Ravenclaw has been doing Hermione's head in with the talk about the finals and always wanting to do extra practise which has made it difficult for the couple to spend time together. Y/N promised she would make it up to her when she wins and Hermione holds her to that promise. Now, the Ravenclaw team are all huddled inside the Ravenclaw Quidditch tower. Y/N smiles at her team.

"Alright everyone this is it. The finals. Now Gryffindor are good I'm not gonna lie. But they like to show off meaning they make mistakes thats how we catch them off guard." The group nod and all of them got their games faces on. "now lets go win this"

"Yeah!!" the Ravenclaw team chant and they make their way towards the starting gate. They reach it and stop, behind a closed double door. Y/N stands next to Flo who looks a little nervous, her face a little pale.

"You'll be fine Flo" Y/N says and Flo takes a breath

"I'm not sure I'm ready for this Y/N" Flo says

"Yes you are. You've done really well with the team in practise and the extra training with me. I believe in you, but you need to believe in yourself too"

Flo smiles and Y/N places a comforting hand on her shoulder "Thanks Y/N"

"Anytime" The captain responds "are you ready  for this"

"Ready as I'll ever be, captain" Flo responds and Y/N grins as the team mount their brooms and fly out to the filled stadium.

"And the Ravenclaw team make their appearance," the announcer says and the Ravenclaws cheer, some of them chanting Y/N's name.

The sea of blue and red mix amongst the crowd as the players take their positions. Harry flies up next to Y/N with a smirk on his face.

"No hard feelings when Gryffindor wins," Harry says and Y/N grins

"Don't you mean when Ravenclaw wins?" Y/N says and Harry shakes his head

"May the best seeker win," Harry says and the two shake hands.

The bludgers have been released and so has the snitch with dances around Y/N and Harry. Madam Hootch releases the quaffle and the chasers dive as the match begins.

"the Quaffle is taken up by new Ravenclaw chaser Florence Ravens" The announcer says

Cradling the quaffle, Flo weaves past a Gryffindor chaser and ducks under a passing bludger that Fred Weasley had hit. Flo dishes the quaffle to another chaser Randolph Burrow. Randolph dives then feeds the quaffle back to Flo only to be intercepted by Katie Bell. The Gryffindor chaser flies fast for the hoop and rears back as he takes his shot, only for it to be blocked by Cho Chan, the substitute keeper.

Cho passes the quaffle to Burrow who rockets past the Gryffindor players, not realising a bludger is coming straight towards him and crashes into him and the quaffle become loose. Katie Bell grabs it and flies at astonishing speed back to the Ravenclaw goals. A bludger hits her causing her to drop the quaffle courtesy of Duncan Inglebee who grins as Flo picks up the quaffle once more.

Flo flies down the other end of the field and reaches the goals and releases the quaffle at lightening speed and it soars through the golden hoops. The Ravenclaw crowd cheer and the points are added the Ravenclaws tally.

"Ten points to Ravenclaw" the announcer says and Y/N flies up next to Flo

"Nice shot" Y/N complements