5

As Lyla laid down next to Pietro, he watched her every move. She sits and moves her hair out of the way before lying down, keeping her knee up.

He looks away and they stare up at the ceiling, not saying a word. He keeps looking at her from the corner of his eye and she does the same. They're still confused about why the person that annoys them the most, nearly hate, is lying right next to them, not bothering each other and why the hell they think the other is attractive.

"I'm bored." Lyla sighs.

"Me, too."

"We gotta figure out something to play or talk about. I'm going to die of boredom."

Pietro laughs at this and Lyla smiles.

"Why do you laugh every time I joke about my death?" She pretends to be offended but, fails as she laughs.

"You're so dramatic."

"I am not."

"Okay."

"Whatever. I may be a bit dramatic."

"A bit?"

"Yes."

Pietro continues to laugh and Lyla turns her head to look at his smile. She really likes that smile.

Why?

She looks away with her own smile on her face and Pietro turns to her to look at hers. He instantly admits that he loves looking at her smile.

Why?

He looks back up at the ceiling with her and sighs.

"It's not that hard to talk to you." Pietro teases.

"That's because we're locked in a cell, no powers, no games, and we're bored. We gotta find something to do."

"Ugh. You're so mean."

"You like the mean me."

"Yeah, sure."

"Shh."

They both laugh again and the team, lounging around Tonys couches smile at the screen. They don't hear what is being said but, definitely know it's good.

The two go quiet again and Lyla goes back to sitting against the wall. Pietro follows her movements on the other side of the room and they continue to look at each other multiple times, looking away quickly.

Lyla looks at Pietro and he doesn't look away. He has a different look in his eyes that she has never seen before. It's not dark or dirty but, something that she can't figure out.

"You're the one staring, now." Lyla keeps a straight face.

"I know."

She feels a small bit of surprise when he admits it but, doesn't show it in her face. She shows it in her eyes though and he notices. He doesn't say anything to mess with her, feeling that it isn't a good idea and he just doesn't want to.

"I'm confused." Pietro shakes his head.

"Why?" Lyla furrows her brows.

"I don't understand what I'm thinking and it's making me nervous and confused."

"What is it?"

"Not sure I should tell you."

Lyla stay quiet, looking at him with accidental pleading eyes that make him fail to keep it in.

"I keep thinking things about this girl but, I don't know what do with them. You see? We hate each other, at least I think we do, and I can't get these thoughts of her out of my head. It's different and weird. I'm confused."

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that he is talking about Lyla and she catches on pretty quickly.

"What do you think of her?"

"I keep thinking that she's really pretty, but, she wouldn't appreciate it if I told her that."

Lyla stays quiet, knowing that that is only half true. She would appreciate it but, she wouldn't accept it.

Pietro sees the nervous and surprised look in her eyes and they both stay quiet for the rest of their time in there.

-

Three hours is how long they were left in the room. Complete silence for the remaining two. Tony and Nat come back in the room and the teens jump to their feet.

Tony opens the door with a smile on both his and Nats faces. He goes to say something as they step out but, is shut up by Lyla disappearing and Pietro speeding away.

"So, it didn't go well." Tony sighs.

"Apparently not."

Lyla goes to her floor as Pietro goes to his room. Both lay quietly on their beds, staring at the walls.

Neither know what to do or what just happened.

Pietro just called her pretty but, also didn't really say that she herself was pretty.

Lyla stayed quiet as he complimented her and looked as if she had figured out his not so hidden message. But, she didn't say anything. Was quiet the entire time.

They both were and they both wish they weren't.

They want to laugh with each other as they had before but, don't see that happening, again.

It can't happen.