63

Bit of a disaster just happened with Bruce and Scotts time machine. Side note, Lyla and Pietro can't stop staring at the so-called 'Smart Hulk'. They both almost burst out laughing when they first saw it.

Steve has stepped outside and Lyla sighs and leans her back against Pietro with crossed arms and his one laid over her shoulder. Nat, Bruce, and Scott are at the machine, trying to figure out what just happened and how to fix that issue.

A few minutes later, Steve walks back in and Lyla sees Tony coming with and smiles. She lands in front of him and he jumps a bit before smiling.

"Thank the lords, you are here." She shakes her head. "These people don't have a clue what they're doing." She makes an 'x' motion with her arms.

"I thought so." He lays his arm over her shoulders and continues walking. "I figured it out."

"You did?" Her brows raise with a smile.

"Yup." He shows her the time tracker on his hand.

-

"You're drifting left!" Tony announces and Lyla looks over. "One side there, Lebowski."

Lylas eyes go wide and she turns into Pietro's chest while covering her mouth to hide her laugh.

"What's wrong with you?" He chuckles.

She takes a deep breath and looks up at him and nods a bit towards Thor. He looks and turns away while also covering his mouth. Nat spots them and smiles with a chuckle.

"Hey, Thor." Lyla smiles.

"Lyla!" He throws his arms out with a smile. "Come!" He waves her over.

She laughs a bit and walks over for him to pull her into a hug.

"Y'know?" She furrows her brows as they let go. "I think you look great."

"I know, right?" He nods and she chuckles.

"Yes, don't listen to whatever my dad is planning on saying."

"Well, of course." He nods while walking away. "Do that all the time."

"Oh, my God." She whispers to Nat, who pats her back while walking past.

-

They're all in a conference room now, planning out when and where to go to get the stones.

"Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at least one of the six infinity stones." Steve states.

"Or substitute the word 'encounter' for 'damn near been killed' by one of the six infinity stones." Tony corrects.

"Well, I haven't..." Scott starts. "But, I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about."

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round-trip each, excluding Lyla and Pietro." Bruce walks around the table and those two nod along. "And these stones been in a lot of different places throughout history."

"Our history." Tony nods. "So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in, yeah?"

"Which means we have to pick our targets." Clint states.

"Correct." He points.

"So, let's start with the Aether." Steve instructs. "Thor, what do you know?"

They all turn to Thor to see him sitting in a chair with sunglasses on, presumably dead.

"Is he asleep?" Nat asks.

"No, no." Rhodey denies. "I'm pretty sure he's dead."

Once they get Thor up and make him go to the front with a screen of the soul stone in front of everyone.

"Uh, where to start? Um... The Aether, firstly is not a stone. Someone called it w stone before." He points at Steve. "Um, it's more of an angry sludge sort of thing... So, someone's gonna need to amend that and stop saying that. Here's an interesting story, though, about the Aether. My grandfather, many years ago, had to hide the stone from the Dark Elves. Ooh." He sings while everyone stares in disbelief and Lyla and Pietro bite their tongues to hold down a laugh. "Scary beings. So, Jane, actually..." He touches the screen and her picture pops up. "Oh, there she is." He smiles. "Yeah so, Jane, y'know, she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time and then the Aether stuck itself inside of her and she became very, very sick. And so, I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from and we had to try and fix her. We were dating at the time, you see and I got to introduce her to my mother... Who's dead and, um... Oh, you know, Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, so... These happen, though, you know? Nothing lasts forever. The only thing that..."

"Why don't you come sit down?" Tony tries to pull him away.

"I'm not done yet." He interrupts. "The only thing that is permanent in life is impermanence."

"Awesome." Tony claps. "Eggs? Breakfast?"

"No." He shakes his head. "I'd like a Bloody Mary."

"Lordy." Lyla sighs.

-

"Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag." Rocket states.

"Is that a person?" Bruce asks.

"No, Morag's a planet. Quill was a person."

"Like a planet?" Scott asks. "Like in outer space?"

"Oh, look. It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything." He pats his head. "Do you wanna go to space?" He babies him. "You-"

"Hey." Lyla furrows her brows and they all turn. "None of that."

"He-"

"I don't wanna hear it, don't be dick." She shakes her head while the rest hold down smiles. "If anything, you're the damn dog, raccoon. Okay? Moving on. Let's go."

Pietro proudly lays his arm over her shoulder with a smile and they all turn forward with pursed lips. She's literally the only one who's managed to shut him up.

"Anyway." She sighs. "Before we continue, I believe I've figured it out." She starts and they all turn back to her. "Like father, like daughter." She states and Tony chuckles. "So, the Time, Mind, and Space stones are all in New York in twenty-twelve. You'd get the Reality Stone from Asgard. And the Power Stone is in Morag with the Soul Stone being on Vormir. Am I right? Yes, I am. So, who's going where?"

Pietro hides his face in her hair while holding back a laugh at the looks on their faces.

"How do you do that?" Bruce shakes his head.

"Like father..."

"Like daughter." Tony smiles proudly and she chuckles. "Love you, kid."

"Love you, too."