35

"I need to shower." Lyla states.

"Mhmm." Pietro agrees.

"Oh?" She turns to him, everyone holding in laughs as he smiles at her. "Motha fuck."

"You said it, not me." He shrugs.

"You are an asshole." She smiles. "Fuck off. Bitch."

"Forgive me, for it has been three days since you last showered." He chuckles.

"This bitch." She turns away, making him laugh. "Whatever."

"You're gonna need help." Tony rolls his eyes at the two with a smile.

"I call Pietro." She says and they all go wide-eyed. "And before you say anything, I will be wearing a bathing suit and no, that has not happened, you fucking dirty pigs."

"Still a no."

"Looks like I ain't showering then. No one else is qualified."

"Qualified?" Sam, Bucky, and Clint chuckle.

"Yes."

"I want Wanda in your living room, if you're gonna do that." Tony squints his eyes.

"What?" She throws her arms. "Why me?"

"You're his sister."

"Exactly, that makes it so much worse."

"I'll go." Nat sighs as she stands.

Lyla disappears, leaving Pietro and Nat to take the elevator.

"I'm watching you, Pietro." Tony threatens.

"I know." He smirks as the doors close, Nat smiling beside him.

"I'ma shoot him." He nods. "I'ma shoot him."

"Me, too." Clint raises his hands. "I get first shot."

-

"Has it happened?" Nat smirks.

"No." Pietro chuckles. "Just like messing with Tony."

"Understandable."

The doors open and Nat goes to the couch while Pietro runs to the bedroom door. He opens it without care to see her struggling to put on bikini bottoms. He smiles sadly at her and closes the door as she sighs in relief, leaning against her dresser.

"Help me, please?" Her eyes water.

He nods and speeds them on her, to which she throws her arms around his torso, laying his over her shoulders, hugging each other close with his cheek on the top of her head. The longer she stands in thought, the worse her thoughts get and she starts crying. She ends up having to cover her mouth and turn her face into his shirt as her cries slowly turn to sobs.

"Stop crying." Pietro begs.

"I'm sorry." She sobs. "I can't-"

She's cut off by a more painful sob as her legs almost give out but, he catches her, slowly bringing themselves to their knees. He turns her to curl into his lap while still hugging each other close, pulling her legs up to her front.

Nat, who had just been sitting on the couch when she heard the cries, quietly cracks open the door and Pietro turns to her. She sighs while he shakes his head with immense worry and fear and she closes the door right back up. Instead of her original spot, she heads to the elevator, going back to the common room with her arms crossed.

"What're you doing?" Tony shakes his head expectantly.

"Pietro is holding her as she sobs painfully on the floor." She sits. "I don't think you need to worry about that."

He and half the room sigh as he sets his head in his hand. He's about to get up to go to her when he's stopped by Nat and Wanda.

"Let him handle this." Wanda pleads softly. "I don't think she wants anyone else right now."

"We're not qualified." Nat shrugs with a sad, tight-lipped grin. "He's got it."

Tony hesitates before sitting back in his seat, all with heavy minds.

-

Once Lyla has calmed enough to stand, Pietro turns on the shower while she leans against the bathroom counter, staring off into space, her beautiful face, stained with tears of the anguish of the past coming right back to haunt her again.

"принцесса."

"Hmm?" She looks up at him.

"Come here." He puts his hand out.

She comes off the counter and takes his hand, walking to him with a painful limp. He helps her into the tub and she starts getting her hair wet. She reaches up to run her fingers through her hair but is stopped by a gasp of pain as her hand flys to cover the wound.

Before she can say anything, Pietro is standing in front of her without his shoes, socks, or shirt on, not caring that his pants are getting wet. He sets his hands on her cheeks and she places her hands on his as he leans down to kiss her forehead. His eyes start watering but, he holds back with everything he's got, not wanting to worry her.

He washes her hair for her, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash, too. He gets out and is gone for two seconds before he's back, wearing sweats instead. He helps her out of the tub and takes off her pointless bikini to dry her off. He puts her in underwear and a hoodie before laying her under the covers, lying right beside her.