48

They've all gotten back to the compound and now sit in the common room. Lyla sits close to Pietro with her arms crossed and her head laid back, not caring about all the eyes she knows are on her.

"Lyla." Tony calls.

"What?"

"You look like you need to say something. What's up?"

She takes a deep breath and sits forward to lay her head in her hands.

"I need a break."

"What do you mean?" Nat asks.

"From the noise. People. Everything else. I just need a minute."

They all give each other worried looks while Pietro looks down with furrowed brows. He sets his hand on her lower back and she takes them to her room. He sits on the edge of the bed with her standing between his legs.

"You don't mean us too, right?" He worries.

"No." She shakes her head with furrowed brows. "No, I couldn't do that. I just..." She takes a deep breath of thought. "Need a bit of time alone. I don't want you to think that you're part of the problem, you're not. You're actually the best help I have."

"You just need a little downtime to get your mind off of things." He moves her hair behind her ear and she nods. "Well, alright." He sighs. "Then, I'm on board."

"Okay." She chuckles.

"As long as you make yourself feel better and maybe kidnap me a few times..."

"I was already planning on it." She nods with a small smile.

"Good."

-   

"So, yeah." Lyla nods. "Just a bit of alone time and quiet."

"Prolonged meditation." Nat nods.

"Yeah, exactly." She smiles. "And I'll be stealing one if your many houses, Father."

"I figured." He nods with a grin. "When?"

"Tomorrow." She nods. "The sooner the better. I'll be back, of course. I'll probably only be gone for a month or two. Not very long." 

"Hmm, that's pretty long." Tony nods sideways.

"It's most likely less than sixty days." She nods with furrowed brows. "You'll be fine."

"Whatever." He shakes his head with attitude. "Gah." 

-   

Later that night, after Pietro has helped Lyla pack her essentials and a few bags of clothes, he sits on her couch, and takes her hand, pulling her to stand between his legs, and sets his hands on her hips.

"I'm gonna miss having you here everyday."

"I'll be back for you in no time." She smiles while playing with his hair. "Just act like I'm going to college or something stupid. Except you get to pay visits and we can do whatever we want... Out of the eyes of the cameras."

"Oh, well, okay." He shrugs.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." She chuckles while nodding.

He smiles and she leans down to a soft and smooth kiss.

"I love you." She states before going back to his lips

"I love you, too."

They're annoyingly interrupted by a knock at the door. They both groan into each others mouths, making them chuckle before she backs up and heads over. She opens it to be surprised when she sees Peters nervous grin staring back at her.

"Hey?" She furrows her brows with a small smile. "What's up?"

"I-uh... Just wanted to say that I'm sorry for all that's been going on. With you." He stammers and Pietro listens closer, having not known it was him. "And, sorry about the way I acted. It's been all this time and I still haven't apologized for that."

"Oh, Peter, it's okay." She chuckles. "I got over that a while ago. And, you don't need to be sorry for what's been going on. But, thank you anyway." She nods.

"Yeah, you're welcome." He smiles.

"Oh, one more thing." She stops him before he can walk away. "This is pretty important. I had noticed a long time ago that a little someone may have a bit of a crush on you."

"What?" He furrows his brows. "Who?"

"Oh, you know?" She sings. "MJ."

"What?" He scoffs in disbelief. "Yeah, right."

"Dead ass."

"Seriously?" He nods.

"Yes." She nods with raised brows and wide eyes. "Now, I know you like her so, I think you and her need to have a little talk tomorrow."

"Okay." He breathes a smile. "Uh-Thank you."

"You're welcome." She grins. "Goodnight."

"Yeah, goodnight."

He walks away with a smile and she closes the door and turns around with a prideful and proud nod and smirk, making Pietro chuckle.

"Were you telling the truth?" He smirks.

"Oh, yeah, no, she has a huge crush on him." She nods while walking to her dresser. "I just wanted to make it seem smaller to mess with him." She shrugs.

He smiles with a chuckle and lays on his back on her couch. He watches her face as she slips out of her top and bra to switch them out for a cropped t-shirt. He furrows his brows with worry and sees her take a deep breath while rubbing her cheek before continuing with what she was doing.

She comes over to him in her shirt and underwear and straddles his waist with a small smile. She moves her hair behind her ears and sets her hands on either side of his head to lean closer to him.

"You look tired." He rubs her cheek with his thumb.

"What kind of tired?" She softly asks.

"Tired, принцесса." He nods, knowing she knows what he means.

"I am."

"I don't want you to be tired." His eyes water.

"I don't wanna be tired either." She cups his cheek.

"That's why, I need you to take as much time as you need." He nods. "Get better. We all need it."

"I will." She promises. "I'll be okay so, please, don't cry."

He sighs as a tear slips out and she quickly warps her arms around his neck. He sits up and hugs her waist close with his head on her chest and hers on top of his.

"I love you so much." His voice shakes.

"I love you, too."