41

The next morning, Lyla appears on Pietros bed to see him smiling at her, making her throw herself on him with a groan.

"What's up?" He chuckles as he pats her head.

"I don't wanna leave you." Her voice cracks.

"Oh, принцесса." He frowns. "Come up here."

She lays her head in the crook of his neck with her arm laid over his chest while he gently rubs her back.

"This gonna be a bad day today?" He worries.

"I think so."

"Alright." He turns to his side and hugs her close. "I know, you won't be able to get out of going to school so, you're gonna fly your way through it and come home in no time. You drop Peter off and go to your living room where I'll be waiting with a surprise. Okay?"

"Okay." She nods.

"Now, give me a kiss. I love you, Lyla."

"I love you, too."

She lifts her head and they give each other a long and loving kiss before she has to eat breakfast. She lands in the kitchen to be greeted by Tony. She says 'hey' before continuing on. He furrows his brows but decides not to ask, knowing she won't answer.

-

Throughout the day, Lyla sulked through her classes until she makes it to lunch. She sits in her usual seat, alone but, without food.

She's staring down at her hands on the table when her phone dings in her pocket. She sighs and gets it out to see a text from Pietro, saying 'Cheer up, принцесса and turn around.'

She furrows her brows and does as asked, sighing with a pouty smile when she sees him leaning against the door frame. She quickly stands and speed-walks to him, just to throw her arms around his neck with tears in her eyes, knocking him back a step as he quickly pulls her closer by her waist.

"What?" She breathes with a raspy voice.

"I figured you might need it."

She hums in adoration and sadness while holding a bit tighter as a tear slips out. He lets go and slowly pushes her back, placing his hands on her cheeks while she pulls hers together in front of her chest. He wipes her tears with his thumbs before pressing his lips to her forehead and she closes her eyes.

"It'll be okay." He promises in a quiet tone. "I swear, I'll make it okay."

"You don't have to do tha-"

"Yes, I do. Because, I want to. I love you too much to let you go through this alone."

"I love you, too."

She tilts her head up and he leans down to a smooth and soft kiss, unknowingly making the multiple watching students eyes go wide. She quickly throws her arms around his neck and he sighs as he slowly wraps his arms around her waist.

"You gotta stop crying before I go 'cause I don't doubt that they're staring."

"I know." She sighs as she lets go, going back to putting her hands together while his go to her waist.

"Why do you look pretty when you cry?" He fake grimaces, gaining a cute chuckle in return, making him smile. "Really, though. And, I've figured out what your surprise will be."

"Can I know?" She squints an eye.

"Surprise, принцесса." He nods. "Surprise."

She rolls her eyes with a smile and waves him off, making him chuckle. They talk for a bit longer before he gives her one last kiss while holding her chin, speeding away a few seconds later. She looks down at her hands with a small smile before the bell rings and she swings around, quickly starting towards her locker.

Liz and Betty look at each other and smile excitedly while freaking out a bit as others turn to each other with questions and excitement, as well. Peter, still a little upset, rolls his eyes while Ned, having been told already, just pats his back with a sympathetic grin and MJ shakes her head at them.

-

Seeing as, Lyla was obviously not in the best mood all day, everyone decided to leave her alone and ask another day.

Now, she has just dropped Peter off in the common room before disappearing without a greeting and landing in her kitchen, right in front of the living room.

Pietro smiles when he sees her and throws his arms out to show what he has done. There's a big bowl of popcorn on the coffee table, their favorite movie is ready to be watched, her favorite drink, candies, and a big blanket laid on the back of the couch.

She smiles brightly with a breathy chuckle and covers her face to hide the happy and thankful tears.

"Oh, принцесса." He smiles.

He takes her hands and they meet eyes as he starts pulling her towards the couch.

"You my favorite person." She nods with a pout.

"That's good to know." He chuckles as they sit. "And, I was thinking, because we've never actually had one, this could be our first date?"

She gasps a smile and nods quickly, making him laugh and nod back.

"I already told them that I was stealing you tonight so, don't worry about interruptions."

"Oh." She sings a smirk and he shakes his head.

"Not yet."

"So, it'll happen?" She nods expectantly.

"Yes."

"Haha." She grunts victoriously. "Yass."

He laughs as she sits back in her seat and looks at the table in front of her. Her smile turns back into a pout with a happy sigh and he takes her legs and lays them over his lap before draping his arm over her shoulders. She smiles up at him and gets one long kiss before pressing play on the movie in front of them.