22

Lyla teleports to a hidden area of the party floor, taking the faster route of getting there than the elevator

Lyla teleports to a hidden area of the party floor, taking the faster route of getting there than the elevator. She goes to the Avengers, standing beside Pietro, who holds down a smile when he sees her.

"Blue, again?" He smirks quietly.

"Mhmm." She grins.

"I wonder what that's for."

"No clue." She shrugs.

"Hi, Lyla." Peter waves, Ned smiling brightly beside him.

"Hi, Peter."

"Your distraction didn't work." Pietro chuckles.

"Yeah." She sighs. "I see that."

"What're you guys whispering over there?" Tony squints his eyes.

"Insults." They both shrug.

"Oh, why not?" He shakes his head.

"Anybody else notice how often they talk to each other now?" Nat smirks and they roll their eyes.

"I have." Clint raises his hand and the others follow.

"Oh my god." They sigh.

"And now they speak together." Sam chuckles. "Wow."

"She's wearing his color, too." Thor points.

To play the part, Lyla looks down and rolls her eyes, her hand flying to hit Pietro in the stomach, him hunching over with a laugh, her grinning and walking away.

"Dude, she's strong." He groans.

"Totally deserve that." Peter chuckles.

"Peter." Lyla calls, now standing next to Tony.

"Yeah?" He smiles.

"Quit."

He and Ned give her confused looks and the others just smile, Pietro holding in a loud laugh, turning into chuckling. She moves back to Pietro, who continues quietly laughing while she smirks to herself.

She gets her phone out and goes to the picture, showing it to Pietro.

"Oh, that's pretty."

"I'ma post it." She grins. "Wanted you to see the dress on me before this shows you first."

"Glad you did." He chuckles. "It is very pretty."

"Thank you."

She smiles and takes the phone back, posting it, and putting it on silent. She hands it back to Pietro and he sticks it in his pocket so, she doesn't lose it.

"Well, that was sweet of you." Sam teases.

"He'd doing it so, I don't lose it, dumbass."

"So sweet." Him, Bucky, and Clint repeat.

Lyla disappears and the three quickly turn around to see her standing there, backing up as she follows before going back by Pietro and them turning back around just as fast as before.

"Dude, she didn't even do anything and that was terrifying." Sam shakes his head.

"Yeah, it was." Clint furiously nods.

"Mhmm." Lyla grins victoriously. "As it should."

-

An hour later, Tony calls Lyla back up to the stage and she grins sweetly as the music starts playing.

"She's doing Christina Aguilera?" Nats eyes go wide.

"Yup." Tony nods proudly and they all smile.

She starts singing and Wanda smiles up at Pietro as he watches her with a happy hidden behind his hand smile, elbow on his other arm around his waist.

She gets to the rif and he holds in a happy laugh as the Avengers cheer loud for her.

"Wow." He whispers while shaking his head.

Wanda shakes Visions arm with excitement from the secret lovers and he just smiles at her.

The song ends and Lyla comes down from the stage, hurrying to her people, who smile largely at her.

"Fucking Christina Aguilera, bitch?" Nat shakes her.

"Yep." She nods with a smile.

"That was amazing." Wanda breathes.

"Thank you." She smiles nervously, moving back beside Pietro, a few steps between them as to not be figured out.

"You sounded great." Peter places his hand on her shoulder.

"Thanks." She looks down at it, looking up at him through her lashes.

She lifts her arms to put her hair behind her ear, brushing his hand off, moving a step away from him while Pietro glares at him.

Peter goes back to Ned and she rolls her eyes at him, looking up at Pietro, both shaking their heads at him before turning away. Unknown to all three of them, the Avengers had watched the whole thing and loved it.

-

Sometime later, Lyla is walking around, somewhat bored, just observing the people there. She's paused by a man stopping in front of her, smirking down at her.

"Beautiful voice." He moves her hair behind her ear. "For a beautiful woman."

"Uh, yeah." She backs away. "Thanks but, please don't touch me."

He steps closer and sets his hand on her cheek, her quickly moving away, turning around and trying to walk away when he grabs her wrist and swings her back around. Then, she's standing beside Pietro, the man knocked out on the floor.

"Are you okay?" Pietro asks with his arm lightly snaked around her body, hand on her waist.

"I don't think so but, he's knocked out over there so, I'll be fine." She looks up at him.

"Shoulda beat his ass." He grits.

"No, you did good." She chuckles. "Thank you."

"No problem, принцесса."

She nods and looks away, him slowly taking his arm away, crossing them over his chest.

The Avengers once again watched the whole thing, noticing the look she gave Peter when he touched her and how she didn't care that Pietro touched her or the way he touched her, even smiled up at his protective-self. They all turn to each other with small agape smiles, still loving it all.