At seven, Lyla teleports into the elevator, riding it to the party floor

At seven, Lyla teleports into the elevator, riding it to the party floor. She gets there and immediately speed walks to Tony with the others.

"Walking is annoying."

"We're used to it." Bucky states.

"It's exhausting." Lyla mocks a british accent.

They chuckle and Lyla makes eye-contact with Pietro. He puts his drink up to his face and smiles at her, pretending he was only taking a drink. She smiles back and both look away.

Even though, it's very hard to do so.

Neither can get over how good the other looks. Him in his suit and her in her dress. His hair, messy as always and she loves it like that. Her hair neat as always and he just wants to play with it, which she would gladly let him do.

Lyla decides to go stand beside him so, they can 'mess with each other'. No, bitch. They like the other so, they want to stand beside each other without the other knowing that that is the reason. Complicated shit.

"You're pretty." Pietro whispers.

"Thank you." Lyla chuckles with a small blush that isn't visible in this dark room. "You're pretty, too."

"Thank you, принцесса."

They make it look like they are hating on each other by her hitting him on the chest, making him stumble back. The others, except for Wanda, don't suspect a thing and still think they just don't like each other.

A camera man for a news channel shows up and grazes over the Avengers and her, standing there with a smile.

"May we ask you a few questions?" The news anchor asks Lyla.

"What? Umm."

"Yes, you can." Tony answers for her.

"Alright."

"Let's start off with your name and what you're doing with the Avengers?"

"My name is Lyla Smith and I'm Tonys personal assistant. I came here tonight to sing for all these guests and the ones watching now. Specifically, my school."

"Who are they?"

"I don't want to answer that. Privacy reasons. Sorry guys." She tells Midtown.

"Understandable. What song or songs will you be singing?"

"Adore you by Harry Styles and Is Your Bedroom Ceiling Bored? by Sody and Cavetown."

"Is there anyone special you'll be singing for?"

"Umm, sadly, no." Lyla chuckles.

"Anyone you wish the songs were for?"

"Yes. But, I will never say who."

"Okay." She chuckles. "Well, have fun on the stage tonight. We'll have you up on TV. Good luck."

"Thank you."

They walk off and Lyla takes a deep breath and grabs Pietros arm to steady herself.

"Holy shit. Fuck that shit."

"You'll be fine." Pietro rolls his eyes.

"Easy for you to say. You can't sing. Fuck off."

"He's right, though." Steve says.

"You will be fine." Tony continues. "Great singer."

"Thanks. When am I going?"

"Eight thirty."

"What time is it, now?"

"Eight." Nat answers.

"Oh, dear lord."

"Can't back out, now." Pietro teases.

"Yeah, no shit. I wouldn't anyway. Midtown is really excited for me and I do not want to disappoint."

"I love that the entire school is supporting you." Peter states.

"I know." She smiles sadly. "I love it."

-

Lylas time to shine comes close and she is very nervous but, knows that she has and wants to do this. She knows it'll be fun but, she's still full of anxiety.

"Lyla." Tony calls.

"Yeah?"

"You're up."

"Okay." She breathes.

"You'll be great." Pietro whispers.

"Shut up." She says. "Thanks." She whispers.

He chuckles and she follows Tony to the stage. He makes an announcement, introducing Lyla and letting her take the stage. She doesn't say anything and just waits for the music to start playing.

She starts with Is Your Bedroom Ceiling Bored?

Unknown to her, Pietro watches closely. He's never heard her sing before and doesn't have any words to describe it. He'd never stop listening if that was possible.

She looks so beautiful up there. Her nervousness visibly turns to happiness. She smiles excitedly as she sings and Pietro can't get enough of her.

Him letting this feeling exist is the best and worst thing he could have done. He loves feeling this for her but, it's torture when he believes she doesn't like him back. It's like he gets his hopes up for nothing.

But, he's wrong.

Lyla is obviously singing these songs for him. They're love letters. Not that she loves him but, she's telling him exactly how she feels and what she wants without saying it to him.

She keeps looking at him, though.

Wanna guess who notices?

Wanda.

She seriously sees everything these two do.

It's so annoying to her that they don't see it.

Get it together.