36

When Lyla nor Pietro didn't come back to the common room for a while, Tony got up to check on her and Nat and Wanda followed behind to stop him, if needed. They get to her floor and just as Tony is about to walk in, they hear Lyla speak through the cracked door.

"I'm tired."

"What kind of tired?" Pietro squints his eyes.

She turns to her back and looks up at him, who sits with his back against the wall.

"I'm tired." Her voice cracks as a tear slips out.

Tony, who watches through the crack, is about to walk in when Nat grabs his arm, stopping him in his tracks. He sighs and turns back as Pietro starts shaking his head.

"No, no. Don't you dare." He slowly crawls above her, hovering over the blanket with his hands beside her head. "That's not going to happen."

"I can't handle it anymore." She cries as she brings her hands together on her chest.

"Yes, you can. Because, you're going to. You die on me and I kill you. Got that?" He points as a small smile starts to form on her face. "Besides, I think you're too pretty to die." He shrugs, gaining a giggle in return. "Yeah. I think so. You're very smart, too. The smartest being in this tower. And she is my girlfriend. Awesome." He scoffs, getting another giggle while the others smile on the other side of the door. "Plus, I love you too much for you to die."

Tony and Nats eyes go wide at that while Wanda just smiles at them.

"I know." She nods.

"Say it back." He gasps and she stays quiet with a cute, small smile. "This bitch."

"I love you, too." She chuckles.

"That's what I thought." He nods before giving her a single kiss. "Dick bag."

"You're so mean." She chuckles as she pulls him down to a hug.

He laughs as he wraps his arms under her body, both holding closely to the other. Tony closes the door with all three smiling.

"I. Love that." Wanda smiles brightly.

"Yeah, and apparently they do, too." Nat nods.

"I know." She quietly squeaks.

"See?" Tony starts as they walk towards the elevator. "This why we always thought they should be together."

They get back to the common room with small smiles. They sit down while everyone stares at them for an explanation.

"What happened?" Clint asks.

"Well, they love each other, that's what." Nat nods.

"What?" He, Thor, Steve, Bruce, Sam, Bucky, and Peter ask.

"Yeah, she was saying how she's tired, not sleep, tired." Tony explains and they all get way more invested. "So, he threatened her, saying that if she dies, he'll kill her."

"Wow." Clint nods.

"This made her smile." He chuckles.

"Of course, it did." Steve shakes his head.

"He called her pretty and smart. Said that it's awesome that his girlfriend is the smartest being in this tower."

"That's true, she is." Bruce agrees.

"Yeah, I know." He sighs. "Then, he said that he loves her too much for her to die. So..."

All brows raise to the ceiling and the three chuckle at them.

"Seriously?" Sam nods.

"Yeah." Wanda breathes a smile.

"Oh, wow." Thor nods a surprised grin.

"Didn't they, like, just 'hate' each other?" Bucky squints his eyes.

"Yeah, welp, that don't mean shit no more." Tony shakes his head.

-

Pietro rolls off of Lyla after a few minutes and she rolls on her side, moving his arm so, she can lay her head on his chest with her arm holding him close around his torso. He turns on his side with a sad smile and wraps his arms around her neck as she nuzzles her head in his chest.

"You're won't leave me, right?" He softly pleads.

"No, I won't. You can't leave me, either."

"I won't."

"Thank you." She holds tighter.

"You're welcome, Ангел."