67

Lylas funeral happens two days later. Pietro, Tony, Morgan, Pepper, Steve, Clint with his family, Bruce, Thor, Wanda, Bucky, Sam, Peter, Yelena, Harley, Scott, Hope, T'challa, Shuri, Quill, Nebula, Groot, Rocket, Drax, Mantis, Happy, Rhodey, Carol, Ned, and MJ were all there for her.

-

Now, it's a little less than an hour after the funeral and everyone is still at Tonys lakehouse.

Pietro sits alone on a tree stump while leaning on his elbows and staring down at the object in his palm.

Pietro's laying awake one morning, brushing his thumb over Lylas cheek.

She opens her eyes and he slowly smiles, making her smile, too.

"Hi."

"Hi, принцесса."

"What're you doing?"

"Looking at you." He scooches his head closer. "I wanna do this for the rest of my life. Wake up with you every morning, go to bed with you every night. I can't imagine doing either without you."

"You don't have to." She grins lightly and he takes a deep breath with a nod.

"That's exactly the reason why I need to ask you a very important question."

He sits up and turns on his back while reaching for his bedside table. She lifts her head a bit to try to see what it is and he turns back around and leans on his elbow. She looks down and gasps.

"No." She sings with tears in her eyes. "No, no."

"You mean the world to me and I don't want to know what it's like to not have you in my life."

"Stop." She cries a pouty smile.

"Lyla." He smiles a bit.

"Yeah?"

"Will you marry me?"

"Oh, my God!" She starts sobbing into the comforter and he chuckles. "Yeah."

Now, Pietro sits alone on a tree stump with the ring in his palm and slow tears rolling down his cheeks.

Wanda, Clint, Sam, and Bucky have been watching for a few minutes and she has only now found out about the engagement and is telling them. No one knew about it. It had only happened the day before Nat, Steve, and Scott showed up at their front door.

Pietro squeezes his eyes shut with a bouncing leg and his forehead set on his fists. Tony spots this and sends Morgan on her way.

"Pietro." She calls from a few steps away.

He sits up straight with a deep breath and puts on a grin for her that breaks Wandas heart.

"Hey, малышка."

"Hi." She stops in front of him.

"What're you doing?" He takes her hands.

"I wanted to see you. You look sad."

"Oh, no, no." He shakes his head with furrowed brows. "I'm okay. You don't need to worry."

"I don't believe you." She tilts her head with furrowed brows and an accusing voice, making him chuckle.

"You know how much you look like Lyla when you do that?"

"Really?" She smiles and he nods. "She's so pretty."

"I know." He nods with a dreadful smile. "Most beautiful woman in the world. And guess what?"

"What?"

"You're gonna be just as beautiful." He pokes her nose and she giggles. "You already are."

"Really?" She smiles while playing with her hair.

"Of course." He shakes his head with a scoff. "Now, give me a hug."

She throws her arms around his neck and he gently hugs her waist with furrowed brows.

"Go back to your dad, he's gonna need you, too."

"Okay." She runs away.

He watches with a small smile for a second before it turns to a frown. He takes a deep breath and leaves with a blue blur, making the watchers and Tony sigh.

-

Pietro races home and leans against the doorframe of their room, staring at her messy side of the bed. He lays his head back against the wall for a second before making his way towards the bed.

He slides in and takes her pillow to squeezes it tight to her chest. He takes a deep breath and gets a strong whiff of her sweet perfume. He shut his eyes tight as his body starts shaking with a painful sob while calling out her name.

-